Website Outsource UK Limited
Role: Embedded Software Engineers
Location: UK wide (remote working included)
Embedded Software Engineer / Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Salary amount subject to level of grade + excellent benefits
Opportunities within the embedded software team to join a global aerospace, defence, security & technology company with an excellent reputation in the defence sector.
Embedded Software Engineer to develop software for cutting edge electronics systems. You will be solving technically challenging problems and may work on a variety of projects, from rapid developments with tight time-scales (a few days/weeks) to full scale system developments (1+ years). You will work closely with specialists from across a number of disciplines which may include; RF, electronics and FPGA design, digital signal processing, secure products, navigation products and cryptography. You will also work throughout the engineering lifecycle, applying rigorous engineering practices; analysing, designing, implementing, testing, supporting and maintaining solutions that solve the mission-critical problems of our customers.
Responsible to Project Design Authority for software development and related software engineering activities
* Producing written documentation (including presentation material) of technical work in accordance with Project requirements
* Rapid learning of current and emerging technologies in support of research and products
* Innovation in the application/integration of digital hardware technologies to build novel embedded systems
* Communicating ideas with multiple stakeholders and customers, at all levels, technical, non-technical and management.
In addition, any experience of the following would be useful:
* RTOS for embedded platforms
* Assembly language programming
* Development on SPARC or ARM processors
* Understanding of encryption algorithms
* Implementing to applicable coding standards
* High assurance software development (safety and/or security)
* Developing software security solutions such as optimised cryptographic algorithms etc.
* Working on mixed software/FPGA systems
* Hardware design, implementation and debugging
* Data/memory management
* Optimisation of hardware interfaces for software performance.
* Supporting tools such as Matlab for solution modelling and verification
* Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
* Skilled in other software languages and frameworks e.g. C#, Python, MFC
* Working in an Agile development team
For full details please contact Paul Ellis at Outsource UK on 0161 694 9203 /
Outsource UK – Curating Specialist Talent
We’re one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource – taking care of everything
To apply for this job please visit www.totaljobs.com.