WireCo is the strength behind the world’s evolution, through deep legacy and forward thinking, we create premium ropes that inspire innovation without limits. WireCo® is headquartered in Prairie Village, Kansas with manufacturing plants, distribution facilities and research and development centers worldwide. For more information: www.wireco.com.
For more information, check out our website at www.wireco.com and the following videos:
We are seeking aspiring engineers to fill three Engineering CO-OP positions in Sedalia, MO.
Ideal candidates are current students who have completed at least two years of coursework of an engineering undergraduate degree program in Mechanical, Metallurgical, Industrial, Electrical, Civil, Materials or Materials Science and/or other relevant engineering disciplines.
Candidates will apply basic engineering principles to work on real world technical matters under the supervision of more senior engineers in the areas of Operations.
This is a paid 40 hours per week CO-OP program beginning January 2023 – August 2023 or May 2023 – December 2023. Candidates will also receive a monthly stipend.
- Apply basic engineering principles to solve material, design, manufacturing, and inspection challenges.
- Assist with implementing standard work processes and procedures
Learn and execute good engineering practices for data management and document control
- Complete assigned projects that are scoped appropriately for the field of study, course work, and training
The candidate must exhibit the behaviors of the WireCo Business System (WBS):
- Teamwork – welcomes an environment of inclusiveness and healthy debate that reflects our team’s strength
- Accountable – celebrates our successes, learn from failures, avoid excuses, and own the outcomes of our efforts
- Self-Aware – demonstrates an understanding of our strengths and needs, considering how our actions impact others
- Noble Intent – acts in the interests of others, approaching our work with integrity to ensure the best outcome
- Determined – takes initiative, share ideas and find solutions to win and achieve our goals
- Transparent – promotes open and honest communication and constructive feedback for clarity and truth
- Curious – seeks knowledge and outside input to test our way of thinking, challenging the status quo
Education and/or Professional Certification Requirements
- Actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in a core engineering discipline (Computer Science, Mechanical, Metallurgical, Electrical, Civil, Materials and Material Science programs and/or other relevant Engineering disciplines) from an ABET accredited institution
- Minimum Completion of the equivalent of sophomore year of course work
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) proficiency
- CAD (AutoCAD, Solidworks, or similar) proficiency or the ability to learn
Materials and Equipment Directly Used
- Standard office equipment including computer, mouse, keyboard, telephone, multifunction copier
- Calipers, micrometers, bolt cutters, wire cutters, solvent cleaning tanks
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history and educational background.
- Must be willing and able to pass a post-offer drug screen and physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.