Website westerndigital WESTERN DIGITAL
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected to powering the data centres behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for businesses and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
- Responsible for Failure Analysis of products/components to meet yield goals and quality targets.
- Understanding of both product development and high volume SSD manufacturing is desired.
- Support SSD failure analysis from NPI to HVM stage.
- Perform manufacturing yield evaluation and data analysis.
- Perform detailed electrical and physical failure analysis.
- Interfaces with design, process, test and reliability engineering to solve problems.
- Troubleshooting failure from customer return and provide solutions to fix the problems.
- Participate & contribute in tester/infrastructure and process improvements.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Engineering (ideally Electrical/Electronic).
- Relevant experience in either the SSD or HDD industry will be an advantage.
- Hands-on experience with Oscilloscopes, Digital multimeters, X-ray machines etc will be an advantage.
- Relevant experience with computer hardware, knowledge of storage interfaces such as PCIe, SATA and SAS will be an advantage.
- Basic understanding in programming languages such as C, C++, Python, Perl etc will be an added advantage.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within.
We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.