Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards.
Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more.
We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square is looking for a seasoned administrative professional to join the Executive Operations team, providing strategic support to the General Manager of our Commerce Platform.
This dynamic Square executive leads a rapidly growing team and as the Executive Assistant, your mission will be to amplify the impact and elevate the success of the Square executive and their teams, which comprise an integral part of Square’s Seller organization.
Square’s Executive Assistants have trusted guides for the leaders of our company. We improve efficiency, drive cross-functional collaboration, and support the execution of our business strategy. We foster culture and community by helping teams connect and hold each other accountable.
As a centralized Executive Operations team, EAs report to EA Managers who, in addition to supporting Square executives of their own, provide their EA reports with specialized guidance that only a fellow, accomplished Square EA could offer. We embrace and promote a team-first mentality in all aspects of our work.
- Provide shared administrative and strategic support to Square executive’s within Seller, maintaining complex and dynamic calendars requiring thoughtful collaboration and coordination with other executives, teams, partners, and EAs
- Serve as a trusted business partner and advisor to executives, attend important meetings, manage agendas, take meeting notes, and track deliverables to execution
- Project-manage various initiatives, driving clear and cohesive communications and accountability across the executive’s distributed team in a remote environment
- Serve as a key contributor within Square’s Executive Operations team, foster team collaboration, communication, and shared learning, and proactively identify opportunities for operational improvement across the organization
- Develop and maintain processes and systems that enable teams to move faster, creatively leveraging resources and building cross-functional partnerships
- Plan and execute large-scale team events, town hall meetings, and leadership off-sites
- Invest in Square’s Executive Operations Team’s projects, team members, culture, and goals, and leverage the team’s knowledge and network to get things done.
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Business Partner, or similar role; ideally with both small and large scale technology companies
- Minimum or 1 year experience working with Product & Technical/Engineering teams
- The ability to organize, analyze, and prioritize executive workflows, often leveraging and interpreting data to facilitate optimal decision-making
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and high emotional intelligence; clear, concise, and kind in every interaction
- Full proficiency and extensive experience with Google Suite, including Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square’s purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.