Every Exelixis employee is united in an ambitious cause: to launch innovative medicines that give patients and their families hope for the future. In this pursuit, we know our employees are our most valuable asset. After operating in the challenging biotech sector for 25 years, we have a proven track record of resiliency in the face of adversity. The success of our lead product has provided a solid commercial foundation allowing us to reinvigorate our research efforts, and grow our team in areas such as Drug Discovery, Clinical Development and Commercial.
As we expand our global partnerships and further reinvest in R&D to help us discover the next breakthrough for difficult-to-treat cancers, we’re seeking to add talented, dedicated employees to power our mission.
Cancer is our cause. Make it yours, too.
The EDFBO is a new senior leadership role that will act as an interface between Sales, Operations, Marketing, and Market Access. Primary responsibilities will include championing strategic alignment, overseeing process implementation & refining sales enablement tools to maximize sales efficiency.
The EDRBO will report to the SVP of Sales with a dotted line to the SVP of Commercial Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partners throughout the organization to refine sales reporting tools and systems
• Drives visibility into developing trends and business opportunities (via KONA, Sisense, etc.)
• Generate snovel performance insights
• Ensures accuracy of sales reports to maximize productivity
• Collaborates with other departments on ATU, Brand Impact, Claims, & SHA data source optimization to ensure findings are validated and pulled through organizationally
• Ideates on better ways to capture self-dispense/specialty distribution and specialty pharmacy channel reporting
• Coordinates refinement of CRM tools and ensure adoption of evolving call reporting systems
• Streamlines system functionality to align with sales needs
• Collaborates with Ops and IT to ensure success of digital transformation initiatives
Leadership and Performance Coaching
• Mentors and develops the AOD team for future sales leadership roles
• Contributes to important strategic training initiatives
• Acts as Genesis core team leader
• Optimizes strategic alignment of GU and GI salesforce
• Evaluates ongoing and future salesforce structure and alignment
Commercial Resource Optimization
• Assesses ongoing utility and effectiveness of Voucher, Free Trial, and Sample programs
• Identifies gaps and opportunities in the effectiveness of Nonpersonal & Personal promotions
• Champions Marketing efforts via pull through of Marketing prioritized initiatives
• Manages timelines for sales deliverables
• Codevelops CRM
• Leads, motivates, and brings colleagues together
• Champiosn cross functional systems buy in, communication, big picture pull through, and WiFM comprehension
• Consults with legal and compliance to maximize information dissemination and conducts business in line with Exelixis processes & policies
• Provides direction to other individuals.
• Supervises staff, including hiring, scheduling and assigning work, reviewing performance, and
recommends salary increases, promotions, transfers, demotions, or terminations.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Bachelors degree in related discipline and 18 years of related experience; or
• Masters degree in related discipline and 16 years of related experience; or
• PhD degree in related discipline and 14 years of related experience; or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience/The Ideal Candidate will have:
• 10 years of sales management and/or operations experience
• Proven track record of exceptional sales performance
• Proven ability to lead, motivate, and innovate
• Deep knowledge of IDN, GPO, specialty distribution, self-dispensing/specialty pharmacy channels
• Extensive familiarity of all data sources from which Cabometyx sales are analyzed
• Comprehensive knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom and standard data querying
• Comprehensive knowledge of data analytics tools (SCOOP, Sisense) and proficiency with CRM systems
• Thorough knowledge of budget process, including planning and forecasting
• Thorough knowledge of HR programs, including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Desired skill sets: analytical, internal and external communication, computer skills, creative thinking, customer service, decision making, managerial courage, crucial conversations, diversity, logical thinking, multi-tasking, negotiation, problem solving, project management, supervision, teamwork, etc.
• Environment: primarily working indoors, performing clerical work or meeting with clients
• Travel required – 60% of domestic travel required
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.