Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes manage, market and sell their products and services. With over 1,700,000 merchants in more than 175 countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
We are looking for an experienced field marketing manager who is passionate about creating meaningful campaigns and programs that lead to community and impact. As the Field Marketing Manager, you will establish and represent Shopify within the Denver area.
You will create captivating and inspiring experiences for existing and prospective entrepreneurs to see Shopify as a trusted brand and indispensable commerce platform.
You have a curious, investigative, and persistent spirit and thrive on impact. You get excited by strategic challenges and creating something where nothing exists. You are a self-starter with vision, and can rally internal teams and stakeholders.
You know how to manage ambiguity and can be the first mover within a business when it comes to pitching concepts and creative problem solving. You don’t rely on how things have been done, instead, you lean into data, trends, creativity, and the community culture to guide your decisions.
You’ll help make Shopify bigger by making it feel smaller.
- Represent Shopify to merchants, entrepreneurs, and community organizations at the ground level in Denver
- Develop hyper-local marketing campaigns to bring new merchants to Shopify
- Build strong relationships with local brands, leaders and communities to keep informed on changes in the local market.
- Support the development, creation, and execution of an integrated marketing plan to reach existing and prospective entrepreneurs in a hyper-local way
- Establish meaningful partnerships with private and public organizations and media outlets that earn Shopify relevancy in and around Denver.
- Organize and host meetups and events for merchants, prospective merchants, and partners.
- Assist with localized community outreach; you’ll work with groups and organizations to make it easy to connect to Shopify education and support
- Evaluate local sponsorship opportunities
- Living in Denver
- Passionate about connecting commerce and culture
- Worked in several marking capacities, including brand, city-based or field
- Outgoing, social and friendly
- A creative problem solver
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable traveling and working in a 100 mile radius.
- A strong network in and around Denver
- A solid understanding of the digital and IRL marketing landscape
- Experience with social media, writing or storytelling
- Agency experience
Closing date: Thursday, September 2 (11:59PM EDT).
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2020 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify’s commitments.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.