Website AVERY DENNISON
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials.
The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets.
Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 35,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2021 were $8.4 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for costing and accounting for a business segment in Miamisburg, OH. This includes assisting the finance manager in the development, analysis, and application of standard costs and understanding manufacturing variances. Also responsible for the accounting, reporting, and financial analysis for a large global expense cost center.
Job Description: Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the month end accounting and inventory/cost accounting close process including journal entries, financial reporting, account reconciliations and analysis of the balance sheet for accuracy and completeness.
- Review P&L for reasonableness and accuracy and provide insightful commentary on variances to plan/forecast.
- Review and understand manufacturing variances, PPV, freight, inventory balances and reserves.
- Work with the Commercial team to understand and properly accrue for employee sales incentive plan.
- Effectively facilitate the resolution of AP related issues that are escalated to us and identify and resolve root causes of issues.
- Support finance manager in the maintenance and update of standard costs via Oracle Standard Cost System.
- Support and assist in the AOP/forecast process.
- Drive continuous improvement and standardization efforts within your activities.
- Perform special projects, ad-hoc financial reporting, audit support as required.
- BS in Accounting / Finance
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to research and provide commentary in a clear and concise manner.
- Good analytical, organizational, decision making and communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, specifically on the job experience with formulas, Pivot Tables and V-Lookups preferred.
- Oracle experience is preferred but not required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.