Website FARM BOY INC.
At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
This position is responsible for assisting the Department Manager in the achievement of company, store and department goals as communicated by the Store Manager and Department Manager. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all employees, customers and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Provide superior customer service and support Farm Boy’s vision of the best fresh shopping experience.
- Have a passion for food and knowledgeably handle all customer questions or comments confidently.
- Utilizing Farm Boy Service Standards, welcome, greet and offer customer assistance as required.
- Lead by example and promote corporate policies, customer service standards, departmental cleanliness and opening and closing procedures.
- Assist the management team in supervising and performing departmental procedures (e.g. packaging, stocking, rotation, quality checks, finesse).
- Assist, relieve and train department personnel as requested by the management team.
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
- Typically requires partial completion of a post-secondary program, plus a minimum of 1 year of progressively responsible experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision with a high standard for quality, attention to detail and cleanliness.
- Ability to work in a team environment with clear and effective communication style, both written and oral.
- Flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Fluency in English and French shall be considered an asset.
Work & Sensory Environment:
- Required to stand for long periods of time during shift.
- Required to lift, carry or handle heavy objects.
- May be required to perform repetitive and/or precise hand/finger movements.
- Required to adapt to temperature changes on occasion (working on the retail floor as well as in coolers, freezers, and outside).
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.
I am very interested in this role and feel I have the required experience and qualifications. I look forward to hearing from you.