RED SEA FARMS
Red Sea Farms is a smart-agriculture company that cares about the planet just as much as we care about people. We develop technologies to grow produce in an environmentally and economically sustainable way in water-scarce places, reducing carbon and water footprint in the food sector. Red Sea Farms has been recognised with multiple awards such as the 2021 UN Food Systems Summit Award, the 2020 UAE FoodTech Challenge Award and the Entrepreneurship World Cup Award 2019.
The role has a position on the Executive Committee. The Global People & Culture Director will therefore:
- Be a recognised member of the Leadership Team with responsibility for making decisions that drive growth and efficiency whilst considering the people dimension. The person possessing this role is an influential and inspiring leader who effectively builds relationships and engages with all kinds of stakeholders within and beyond the organization.
- Bringing strategic insights and future outlook. The P&C Director acts as a strategical partner to our CEO and consultant guiding the company’s steps towards its vision and future-oriented goals, suggesting possible future work scenarios, and implementing solutions to address the challenges on the way. Using knowledge of key business drivers and essential company data to make informed decisions that will bring the company closer to its vision and goals.
- Adopt a global, forward-thinking perspective and effectively integrates various considerations to arrive at wise decisions.
- Driving HR business partnering. The P&C Director partners with C-suite executives to position the HR function as a key business enabler to achieving organizational goals.
- Have full accountability for robust HR governance and legal compliance for RSF.
Key accountabilities will include:
Leadership Team & Cultural Activity
- As an influential member of the Leadership Team, you will work closely with TopCo members, Group functions and Global HR Team to shape leadership team behaviours.
- Identifying local, regional and group HR issues; provide appropriate solutions to deliver a commercial people strategy.
- You will be leaned on as a trusted advisor on the full range of the organization’s strategic and operational goals.
- Driving the organizational culture and behaviours by cultivating and championing it internally and externally. You will be a custodian of culture that relates to the identity of RSF.
- You will steer organizational culture and change. The leader in this position drives the change in corporate strategies, policies, structure and culture by providing robust leadership.
- You will work with all of our key stakeholders on ensuring our communication is meaningful and consistent for our people. You will be involved in creating and supporting the narrative as we grow. You will support and lead the launch of TopCo initiatives that are filtered down into our business.
People Planning & Organizational Capability:
- You will have the ability to create a commercial people plan which supports the business to deliver objectives and longer-term business strategy.
- Designing and managing change interventions through bigger organisational change to ensure that the strategy is delivered and embedded. Ensuring we are ‘Fit for Growth’.
- Lead and influence the business in adopting best HR practice and support it in the effective people planning and management of its people in order to maximise individual and collective performance.
- Lead and influence strategic Talent Management and succession planning process to ensure identification, development and employment of a pipeline of succession for the business.
- Develop an employer brand and implement initiatives which continue to drive RSFs’ profile as an employer of choice.
- Establish and develop working relationships with organisations, and other outside bodies to maintain/improve the company’s image.
- Maintain resourcing forecasts and develop strategies to meet needs whilst continually improving the quality of appointments.
Leading the HR function:
- Create and provide local expert consultancy, where the identification and resolution of people issues is successfully implemented.
- In coordination with Group HR Function, support the creation and implementation of Group HR Initiatives, influencing design and leading the implementation of programmes: e.g., Reward and Recognition, L&D, Performance Management, etc. to ensure alignment within the business.
- Assess HR service requirements from the business and align HR teams in delivering this; monitoring service delivery and promoting a ‘best in class’ operating model throughout
- Provide useful analysis and reporting to inform and persuade.
Career history: prior experience gained in the following sectors would be advantageous:
- Agricultural environment with an understanding of the operational aspects of food/plant growing and manufacturing.
- B2B service industries.
- Other fast-moving sectors such as retail or consumer goods.
Career progression: We are seeking a candidate that is comfortable in a fast-paced organisation as we are on a transformation journey. This opportunity will be what you make it!
Location: US Corporate Office (Tucson, Arizona). Preference for the candidate to live within reasonable commute.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience of partnering with senior leaders, and demonstrate the ability to influence on key decisions, management and the development of others within the team.
- Be able to demonstrate the successful development and implementation of valid HR initiatives at country/organisational level within the organisation.
- Possess excellent relationship management skills, proven ability to build and develop relationships across functions and at all levels within an organisation. You will have energy and edge. People will be motivated to work with you as you are an inspirational successful leader who takes people on a journey.
- Be considered a key influence within HR and the business, willing to stand out (if needed) on critical and sensitive issues important to the well-being of the business.
- Show evidence of acting as a change agent in a growing organisation; be able to demonstrate success within employee engagement, improving the culture of an organisation, working within challenging environments and across diverse communities.
- Have proven track record of leading transformation and change initiatives in the areas of people and culture specifically.
- Broad range of experience working in a range of businesses from start-up’s, SME’s and corporate environments.
- You will understand what our investors and clients feel is important within organisations and especially our organisation, what the market portrays and then what we do as a result of that information. You will also ensure our vision and values are aligned with these key clients.
- BSc/MSc in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, or relevant field
- Cultural Fit & Impact Personal qualities aligned with RSFs’ Ethos and Values; Innovation, Integrity, Impact.
- Courage to ask questions, share a view and make bold decisions.
- Not afraid to be innovative – growth mind, with ‘test and learn’ mentality.
- Passionate about doing the best for colleagues and customers.
- Values what makes people different and diversity of views; treats everyone as equals.
- Takes personal responsibility for role they play in developing the future for the company and for customers.
- Always looking to grow as an individual, as a team and as a business.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.