Website SG DIGITAL
The SG Digital Group (a division of Scientific Games) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end-users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
We are currently recruiting for an exciting role as Head of Development to spearhead the next phase of growth and transformation. This role will join the Casino Engineering team which is responsible for the development of the Open Gaming System (OGS), a Tier one global gaming service serving over 3billion game rounds per month. Connecting 300+ operator brands to over 60 content partners, we launch around 250 new games per quarter on the network.
Based in Athens, and reporting to the Director of Casino Engineering, this is a pivotal role within the division. The role is responsible for developing and implementing the technical and engineering strategies that support the Casino gaming (OGS) business. The role will have full accountability for all development teams working alongside peers from Product, Delivery QA, DevOps and Architecture. The appointee would lead a multicultural team of 30+ people based in Athens, Bangalore, Pune, Chennai and Chicago. It is a highly visible and important role within the group and requires an experienced engineering leader to set and execute the technology strategy for one of our key product lines.
A key focus of the role will be overseeing a shift to the cloud which involves migrating both the platform and transforming the current multi-tenant architecture to be truly cloud native. The goal is to optimally utilise the capabilities of the cloud; with a focus on automation, scalability, monitoring and security. The individual, leading the team, will also be responsible for the defining the technology owned parts of the platform roadmap. Along with peers who head up the Casino Product and Delivery functions the individual will be responsible for ensuring the roadmap is delivered both on time and to a high standard. Shifting the team working practices to become a true DevOps organization would also be on the agenda.
The appointee will have regular contact with internal stakeholders from other parts of the organization as part of ongoing operations. Naturally, they will also need to build good working relationships across the group internally, championing the development team and ensuring alignment with other parts of the business.
It is an exciting opportunity to join one of the global market leaders in the digital gaming sector. The culture of the organisation promotes independence and offers an opportunity to learn and grow. Despite the size of the business and its parent company, the digital team operates a flat structure suitable for quick decision making with minimal delays and approvals.
We are looking for an individual who has prior experience of;
- Track record of building and mentoring a team
- Helping to define the strategy
- Leading architectural transformation and migration to the cloud.
- Providing transparency around objectives and success metrics and the direction and progress towards these objectives.
- Guiding, coaching and mentoring product & software development engineers and leading them by example.
- Providing technical leadership for every aspect of the software.
- Lead efforts to develop a technical roadmap of the product.
- Establishing and stimulating software development standards and processes along with best practices for the delivery of scalable and high-quality software.
- Developing a deep and strong understanding of the technologies, tools and techniques used within the team whilst also keeping SGD at the forefront of technology innovation
- Working closely with product teams and developers on issues related to design and requirements
- Helping development teams to build high-quality products.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development – at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.