This is H&M. Together we make it possible.
The word “Advisor” is pretty deliberate… Plenty of places focus on selling clothes, but helping people understand their personal style is what sets H&M apart. In the fast-paced and exciting world of retail, our Sales Advisors are there to ensure that our customers enjoy a fantastic shopping experience.
That might be something as big as providing them style advice, or small as making them feel more comfortable by showing them the fitting rooms. Whatever the task, it’s all about providing best in class customer service to some of the best dressed shoppers out there.
Title: Sales Advisor
Reports to: Department Manager, dotted line to Department Supervisor
Direct Reports: None
Overall Job Function: Optimizes the store´s selling by providing the customers with a pleasant shopping experience, including customers with garment options and direct service.
Job Responsibility Including But Not Limited To
- Provide excellent direct and indirect customer service according to H&M standards and meet the 5 basic demands on the selling floor, in the fitting room and at the cash point
- Answer phones courteously and promptly
- Actively work with garments, including processing, stocking, replenishing, folding, hanging, displaying and merchandising per H&M guidelines, to maximize selling opportunities
- Ring on the register, report and handle all required transactions, issue receipts and pack merchandise
- Unload delivery truck, receive, open and unpack merchandise and label merchandise with security tags
- Execute reductions, price changes, transfers and cash register routines
- Utilize established H&M policies and procedures to assist in loss prevention and safety for the store and partner with store management as needed
- Work effectively with team members to ensure the selling floor, cash point, fitting rooms and stockroom are clean and well maintained per H&M’s store standards
- Adhere to H&M values and internal standards policies and procedures contained in the H&M Employee Handbook
Financial Accountability: None
Minimum Candidate Qualifications
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred
- 6 months of experience in customer service, retail industry preferred
- Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short distance
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to recognize and execute selling opportunities
- Ability and willingness to run a cash register
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and solve problems
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage time and prioritize
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends
Job Status: Nonexempt, Hourly (Part-Time or Full-Time)
San Francisco, CA only: “Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.”
EEOC Classification: SLS
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.