SOUTH PACIFIC MEATS
South Pacific Meats supplies the world with New Zealand’s finest premium beef and lamb products. We serve over 80 markets globally, supported by an operation which includes twelve processing plants throughout New Zealand.
SPM Awarua is seeking an experienced and motivated Electrician. This successful candidate will join the existing trade’s team to help ensure that plant assets are managed and maintained in a way that enhances the company’s short- and long-term objectives and minimises production downtime.
Your work may include all or some of the following duties:
- At all times working to the best Health and safety practices and actively improving H&S systems on site.
- Maintenance and repairing jobs within the meat processing plant.
- Ensuring plant reliability, diagnostics, and repair, as well as being involved in the commissioning of additional plant and equipment.
- Examining blueprints, wiring diagrams and specifications to determine sequences and methods of operation.
- Selecting, cutting, and connecting wire and cable to terminals and connectors.
- connecting electrical systems to power supply and testing continuity of circuit.
- Diagnosing faults and performing operational maintenance of machines and overhauling and repairing electrical parts and equipment.
- Erect machines and equipment on-site.
- Minimize the production breakdown time and increase the plant efficiency.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate the following key requirements for the role:
- A proactive approach that ensures the production departments experience minimal down time due to maintenance requirements,
- Possess strong time management skill in order to prioritise projects when required,
- A proactive approach to daily routine with strong organisational skills,
- A strong commitment to upholding health and safety standards,
- Strong problem-solving skills,
- Appropriate qualifications (NZQF Level 4 or recognised equivalent).
- Hold a current electrical practising licence either full registration or limited license (see below).
- PLC knowledge would be an advantage.
We will consider applicants that hold a Limited certificate issued by the EWRB. We will need to review details of your “Registration Class Overseas Experience” pathway and the conditions that must be met to gain your full registration including your 8000 hours or 4 years’ experience in the industry.
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for and possess the motivation and drive to add value to the existing trades team, then please apply today!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.