Website IBI GROUP
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers, and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
IBI Group is one of the largest architectural firms in the world, with over 300 globally connected registered architects and 1800 LEED Accredited Professionals. Nothing is more important than our fundamental commitment to this guiding discipline.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Here’s how we work:
IBI Group’s Vancouver office is looking for an Intern Architect to join its award-winning Living+ Studio. You will be working on the detailing and working drawings for exciting Mixed-Use/Multi-Family Residential high-rise buildings. Your extensive experience with Multi-Family Residential/Mixed-Use Project, attention to detail, and proficiency on Revit will help you succeed in the role.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Prepare working drawings and detail drawings for all projects in Revit
- Assist in contract admin services such as the review of shop drawings and preparation of site instructions
- Assist in the preparation of design development package
- Working with production teams
- Coordinate with sub-consultants, engineers and prepare technical working drawings
- Work on multiple projects at the same time and lead small to intermediate size teams to complete each project
- Organize and lead user group and client stakeholder meetings
- Prepare meeting minutes and project schedules
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years related experience in multi-family or multi-use projects
- Must be professionally proficient with Revit. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and AutoCAD
- Registered with AIBC or eligible to register within the province of British Columbia
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well organized with good interpersonal skills
- Experience in High-rise design experience is an asset
- Great detailing skills
Due to COVID 19, we have implemented a work-from-home model until we return to the office. When we return to the office, you must be able to commute to our location at 1285 West Pender Street, the IBI Group Vancouver office is in the historic and architecturally significant Evergreen Building in the heart of downtown Vancouver. The office is public transit and cyclist-friendly with the SkyTrain just an 8-minute walk away and a secure IBI Group bike room on the first floor.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefits package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group’s selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
We request applicants submit RESUME highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.