Website Palo Alto Network
At Palo Alto Networks’ everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The internship will focus on a project: building a marketbook for a segment of our business (likely in the threat intelligence/Unit 42 services space) that synthesizes outside market intelligence (forecasts, market share, market overview data, competitor market share, analyst views on the market opportunity), but also has new models that we will build for geographic and industry vertical views, as well as our analysis and recommendations. The project will require significant collaboration across our organization, likely working with the product, product marketing, finance, investor relations, GTM, and corporate strategy teams.
Our global internship program trains the next generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, and marketing. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- Read and summarize analyst reports, market forecasts, and market share reports
- Respond to requests for market data; search for data from vendors we subscribe to
- Assist in ad-hoc requests for market intelligence not available from our vendors
- Maintain our incoming request/ticketing system (Jira)
- Learn about the cybersecurity technology solutions market (and adjacent markets like cloud, data center infrastructure, telecommunications, and networking)
- Participate in briefings with market intelligence vendors
- Help maintain and update TAM and market share data for our entire portfolio
- Bachelors degree and background or interest in forecasting, statistics, data science, competitive intelligence/research, survey research, and Marketing
- Interested/willing to learn about cybersecurity
- Proven ability to learn new technology quickly, adapt to changing needs and possess strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Enthusiastic, driven and confident: the ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the company’s mission, product and business opportunity
- To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall
- You must have the authorization to work within the United States. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position
Our marketing team has an opportunity like in no other industry: high impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security, globally. Your hands will be in industry-leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.