Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard.
Division: Operations & Technology
Reporting to: IT Procurement Manager
ABOUT US NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
The additional resource will be key to reducing the number of open requests, improving the delivery time of standard items and taking on activities currently being performed by IT Finance and will all allow for capacity to be built into the team allowing for a step back and review of the current process to identify any unnecessary or bloated process to be reworked.
This role will ensure that global IT Procurement standards are implemented across NBCU International sites and will coordinate suppliers and internal resources to ensure successful delivery of IT Procurement services.
This role will be expected to lead continual service improvement initiatives across the suite of IT Procurement services and to partner with the rest of Client Services in this effort.
Procurement & Finance
- Facilitate day to day procurement for NBCUniversal, ensuring appropriate approval for purchases is granted and captured for audit purposes
- Ensure the amount of IT Procurement open requests are kept to a minimum and that all relevant requests are recharged to business accordingly
- Document and implement processes to take ownership of IT Finance activities that must be transitioned to IT Procurement
- Improve the efficiency of the IT Procurement Function
- Review of statements, credit notes, invoices and processing of 9023 IT purchase orders
- Create and own IT Purchase Orders and related activities around PO’s
- Working with the Techline, Postroom and Client Services staff to ensure all customer requests are fulfilled to an above average customer satisfaction level.
- Working with vendors and internal teams to manage and administer the request & order process across multiple locations and countries
- Stabilise and improve the efficiency of the IT Procurement Function:
- Improve customer service, satisfaction and delivery of requests.
- Working with vendors and internal teams to ensure the order process and approval steps are as lean as possible to assure NBCU of IT Procurement’s ability to react to orders
- Look for automation within the Order process to drive more efficiencies
- Build processes to meet audit, reporting and management of the order process
- Participate in user training, documentation or other activities required to offer service improvements
- Taking ownership of IT Procurement admin related tasks
- Administrating and managing the shared IT Procurement mailbox
- Vendor onboarding into the relevant Finance systems
- Supporting the Asset Management function as required.
- Create a positive perception of the function
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure CSIP activities within the Procurement function take place, are measurable and quantifiable
- To help provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed
- Keep confidential all applicant, client, and verification and company proprietary information
Responsibilities are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
- Experience in IT Procurement
- Demonstrated ability and agility in managing Incidents and Requests from a high pressure and high urgency requirement, down to the low pressure, low urgency requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high profile customers with high expectations on service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus and demonstrates a highly professional attitude
- Demonstrates accountability for all aspects of work.
- Financial knowledge, including budgetary and internal cost code allocations
- Analytical and happy to work with data
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and electronically
- The ability to take the initiative and work proactively
- Ability to work independently with little direction and to tight deadlines
- Dynamic and flexible working approach
- Must be able to travel as required.
- Eligibility to work in EU
- Additional languages would be beneficial but not mandatory
- Software licensing exposure
- Experience in global IT Procurement
- Experience of working in an ITIL compliant corporate environment.
- Previous experience of working in a Media organisation.
We are proud to be a disability confident employer and we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you. Accessibility Statement | NBCUnicareers
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.