Government of Canada
Jobs for Foreigners in Canada: Canada is a multicultural country in the northern part of North America. It is the second-largest country in the world, measuring nearly ten million square kilometres. Canada is consistently ranked as one of the best countries in the world to live in. It is easy to understand why thousands of people choose Canada every year.
From its strong, stable economy and vibrant, cosmopolitan cities to the breathtaking beauty of its natural environment, Canada offers newcomers opportunities and quality of life that are second to none. There are lots of places to look for jobs in Canada. Jobs for Foreigners in Canada 2021
The cool thing about Canada is its Federal Skilled Worker Program, which is an initiative run by the Government of Canada that enables workers in high-demand occupations to apply for permanent residence. The most in-demand occupations now are in the technology industry, so if you’re a software engineering or IT professional, you have a better chance of getting on the fast track to starting a life in Canada.
Regardless of where you’re interested in living — Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, etc. — you should find a job first. Below is a selection of resources we’ve compiled that are useful for searching for employment opportunities as a foreigner and getting Jobs for Foreigners in Canada.
Overseas and Expat Job Portals
- Michael Page: An international executive recruitment website that I’ve used in the past. This site is targeted towards high-end job seekers.
- eFinancialCareers: My favourite search engine for finance jobs on the web. I used them during my Wall Street days.
- Go Abroad: I’ve always been a fan of GoAbroad. In fact, on the visa information portion of our website, you will find where I have linked to their global embassies directory. They have a good job portal too.
- Linkedin: Last but not least, this huge professional social network is a resource for building contacts in the field and location of your interest.
- Working in Canada temporarily: Every year, thousands of people enter Canada to work temporarily through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. Temporary workers help Canadian employers address shortages of people with particular skills or work experience. In order to work temporarily at most jobs in Canada, You may need a temporary resident visa. To Find out whether you need a visa, and how to qualify for one, you can view the requirements at www.cic.gc.ca/visit.
- Before applying to immigrate to Canada, it is important to consider the requirements to work in Canada, including the steps you may need to take to have your training, qualifications, and experience as a professional, technical or skilled worker recognized in Canada.
There you have it. The best places to find jobs in Canada as a foreigner. For information on visas for Canada, be sure to check out our job listing page to see the latest job openings in Canada as a foreigner.
We hope the information above helps. You can also get more information from the ex-pat communities in Canada here
To apply for this job please visit www.jobbank.gc.ca.