AMERICAN MONTESSORI SOCIETY
The American Montessori Society (AMS) is the foremost advocate for quality Montessori education, an innovative, child-centered approach to learning.
AMS sets the high professional standards that inform Montessori education as practiced in AMS-accredited schools and taught in AMS-affiliated teacher education programs.
A not-for-profit membership organization based in New York City, with more than 15,000 members world-wide, AMS is the hub of all things Montessori: an information center for its members, the media, and the public; a voice in the public policy arena; and a mobilizing force for the global Montessori community, through support services, accreditation, credentialing, and affiliation services, research, and professional development events and offerings.
AMS is classified as a 501(c) (3) (i.e., tax-exempt, nonprofit) organization.
To Apply: Please submit all applications via Smart Recruiters. Applications complete with a cover letter and résumé will be considered for review.
- REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Finance
- WORKS CLOSELY WITH: Accounting Manager and the Director of Information Technology
- WORKSITE: Remote with occasional travel 1-2 times per year working Eastern standard time. Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- CLASSIFICATION: FTE (1.0); Non-exempt; 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
- Record banks deposits and application of accounts receivable
- Process vendor bills and customer invoices
- Assist with month and year end close process
- Prepare monthly reconciliation schedules for accruals, prepaid expense and other accounts
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Calculate depreciation expense
- Reconcile investment accounts and record investment income
- Prepare bank and credit card reconciliations
- Prepare IRS Forms 1099s and 1096
- Support annual audit including auditor fieldwork requests, schedules, subsequent testing
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Accounting or Finance
- One to two years of experience performing accounting work. Entry level will be considered.
- Experience with accounting software. NetSuite and Bill.com a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Excellent problem-solving skills with high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
No calls, please.
Equal employment opportunities and diversity among its employees are fundamental principles at the American Montessori Society.
The American Montessori Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable laws.