BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
· Manage a defined list of national contracts with Key Accounts and local players (FMCG) for the category(ies): Stationery, Lighters & Shavers
· Deliver to committed budget; set up commercial objectives and business plans per major account linked to this budget.
· Identify customer needs and opportunities based on a clear analysis of the market & customer.
· Negotiate on a higher level with local buyers for product ranges (obtain new listings and develop existing product selections) within defined limits and in line with the sales policy.
· Optimize overall working relationships & communication with other departments (e.g. Marketing, Forecast, Customer Service, Finance,…)
· Develop product categories together with Marketing and Category Manager. Analyze every aspect and ensure that best sellers are used to their full potential.
· Develop and manage, in collaboration with Trade Marketing, tailor-made actions and promotions and set up a challenging promotional plan based on national marketing plans.
· Monitor customer budgets such as Year End rebates, Coop (…).
· Forecasting: provide a forecast per customer together with Forecasting Team to ensure availability & prevent overstocks.
· As product specialist, advise local buyers and buying groups about our assortments, market figures and trends, competitors, etc. and provide them with professional support on their category development;
· Gather information related to the customer reaction and our competitors; relay this information to your colleagues in other departments such as Marketing & Customer Service: be alert to changes in the local market and signals coming from end users, customers, buyers and competitor activities;
· Report directly to the Sales Manager Benelux
What do we offer?
· Working at a marketleader with a huge brand awareness
· Products with great quality & high “Value for Money”
· An amazing team of highly motivated & enthusiastic people
· Growth opportunities within an international organization
· Attention for personal development
· Independent function with professional support
· Hybrid working policy: 2 days “home working” and 3 days presence at the office in Jette (Brussels)
- Higher education with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar sales role within FMCG;
- Knowledge of the Belgian market and customers. Good knowledge of Carrefour, Intermarché or other Key retailers is a big asset.
- Ability to identify new opportunities to develop business while ensuring growth in existing ones
- Experience in category management is an asset;
- Experience in establishing clear sales & promotional plans in line with Group policy;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Professional level in French and Dutch and a good knowledge of English
Apply Today! There’s never been a better time to join BIC. We’re a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.