We’re on a mission to create more Honest experiences, and we’d love you to join us. We’re craftspeople. People who think and do. People who take pride in what we make. People who are always striving to make it better.
Tom & Phil set up Honest Burgers from a tent, serving burgers and chips at parties and festivals. We’ve now got over 45 restaurants across the UK. We make British beef patties in our own butchery and rosemary chips that are cut and cooked daily in our chipping room.
Every restaurant serves local beers from neighboring breweries, and many of our restaurants serve local burgers using ingredients from nearby food heroes. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved over the last 10 years, but we’re even more excited about what we’re aiming to achieve in the future.
Old School Hospitality is our phrase for the type of hospitality we believe in: To create social connections and be a place our customers love and trust, and our Chefs play a huge part to make this happen.
Our Chefs are masters of their craft, and that isn’t always easy. We have high standards, we believe in hard work, and taking pride in what we do. Our food is always fresh, never frozen. We serve our beef medium-pink, which means theirs an art to cooking burgers and chips the Honest way.
As a Chef, most of your time is spent in the kitchen. But as a team player, there are other tasks to do too like cleaning & doing stock takes. We prefer our team to be multi-skilled, so if your team needs you to help out on the restaurant floor – you’ll be able to jump straight in.
We do our best to create flexible shift patterns which are fair for everybody. But our restaurants are busiest during the evening and weekends, so more times than not – that’s when we’ll need you to work.
- Your attitude is more important than the experience, we are looking for people who love looking after customers, are fun, adaptable, caring, and hardworking who will fit into a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- A smile for everyone
Honest by Nature.
- Starting pay is £10.00 per hour plus tips
- Guaranteed weekly hours contracted (we think zero-hour contracts are naff)
- Wagestream membership. This means you can claim 50% of your wages as you earn them
- Vitality membership. Including free GP, physio & talking therapy sessions
- Discounts at local gyms and online wellness apps (through Vitality)
- VIB burgers: Bring up to 4 friends every month to any Honest Burgers. The food and the first round of drinks are on us
- Take your birthday off work fully paid
- Free food every shift you work
- Cycle to work scheme
- Team and company parties to celebrate life at Honest
- The best use of technology and a learning platform to develop your skills inside and outside of Honest. We call that ‘life skills’ and ‘knife skills’
We want everybody applying to work at Honest to feel like they’ve had a fair chance. This means your name, age, race or gender doesn’t need to be on your CV. If you’d rather take it off, that’s cool with us.
What happens next?
If you’re successful, you’ll be invited to an honest experience shift. There’ll be group assessment activities, an opportunity to meet the team and learn more about life working at Honest.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.