The McClendon Center, founded in 1980, is a certified community based service provider operating under the District of Columbia Department of Behavioral Health. As a leading not-for-profit organization in Washington, DC, the McClendon Center provides outpatient behavioral rehabilitation to the mentally ill by fostering creativity, promoting friendship, instilling independence, and providing an outlet for emotional growth and greater participation in the community.
McClendon Center is a respected and high rated agency in the District of Columbia. The Center is also the only independent mental health agency in the District to be accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Provide initial diagnostic assessment and psychosocial evaluation for new clients.
- Provide individual psychotherapy services.
- Meet productivity requirements set by the agency: 5.00 hours, daily average
- Serve as a therapist consultant to Mental Health Rehabilitation Services (MHRS) and case managers.
- Enter session notes within established agency medical record system and documentation timelines.
- Provide crisis intervention services for assigned clients as needed.
- Consult with psychiatrist and other behavioral health providers as needed.
- Participate in staff development activities and in quality of care activities as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have an LICSW, LPC, LGSW, LMFT, or LGPC license in good standing with the District of Columbia.
- Must have a National Provider Identification Number (NPI).
- Knowledge of CBT and Trauma Informed Framework experience.
- Experience with substance use disorders and trauma-related disorders.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written and computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
At the McClendon Center, you will find powerful resources for career-long success, including:
• A competitive base salary, based on experience.
• Professional support and career development, and
• A package of comprehensive benefits including health and wellness, four weeks of combined sick and vacation leave, 403(b) retirement contributions, and life insurance… just to name a few.
If you are ready for a new challenge in your professional career, submit your cover letter and resume online.
Resumes are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Failure to attach a cover letter and/or a resume may disqualify you from further consideration.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
McClendon Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, marital status, religion, or disability.
No phone calls, please. Note: McClendon Center is not accepting resumes or referrals from agencies. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if McClendon Center hires the candidate.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.