Website SLEEP COUNTRY
At Sleep Country Canada/Dormez-vous? we are passionate about all things sleep. We are a proud Canadian brand and sleep destination for all! We want to help all Canadians get a better night’s sleep.
As a member of our marketing team, you will join us in promoting our passion for sleep to an entire country that depends on a good night’s rest! The Logistics Coordinator position will play a crucial role in ensuring that our print advertising effectively upholds our brand and communicates our current in-store products across the country.
Working at Sleep Country Canada (SCC) is more than just a job; it is your opportunity to realize your full potential! We trust you to make the right decisions- you will be motivated and empowered every day to make a positive difference to your team, the customer experience, and the growth of our business all while working in a fun work environment.
- Manage inter Distribution Centre transfers for Sleep Country for both retail and non-sale cargo, as well as the distribution of goods from various locations nationally
- Manage Ocean imports to include overseas coordination with vendors, freight forwarders, carriers, drayage companies and customs brokers
- Assist with all TMS on-boarding, compliance and enhancements
- Manage various logistics and supply chain related projects
- Be a key liaison between following up on daily freight deliveries, adherence to lead time and delivery windows, identification and following up of back orders and/or damages that occur
- Track and complete daily KPI information and ensures that information is real time and accurate
- Ensure that freight requirements are completed on a daily basis and scheduled based on defined lead times
- Communicate with the distribution, product supply and sourcing teams regarding all day to day aspects of the logistics departmental matters pertaining to each group
- Manage the freight requirements of goods that are purchased domestically and imported from various locations
- Utilize the internal Adjustment form documents and accurately track warehouse receipts and damaged products on KPI trackers
- Follow up with vendors on late shipments or damaged goods, to resolve issues quickly and mitigate customer back orders and impacts
- Complete and communicate weekly Vendor Service Levels, internally and externally
- Build positive relationships with internal and external customers and vendors through e-mailed service level communications
- Ensure that Mid-Year and Yearly review presentations are created based on timeline provided by management
- Execute cross docking chargebacks for all satellite regions nationally and receive the necessary supervisor approvals
- Track service level information on national purchasing on the daily KPI tracke
- A College Diploma or University Degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain, or Operations (or equivalent)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in the freight forwarding/retail/wholesale business
- Previous experience in supply chain and logistics software systems
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills, critical thinking and project management skills are a must
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
Why work for us:
- This is not a job but a career
- We are the proud winners of:
- 2018 Great Place to Work
- 2018 Great Place to work for Millennials
- 2019 Great Place To Work
- 2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality
- 2019 Great Place to work for Giving Back
- Mentoring and continuous talent development
- Robust Medical & Dental Benefits
- We will invest in you and train you
- You will have Access to and Education Fund
- We will provide you with a Tuition reimbursement program that covers professional AND personal development (yes, it means that you can get reimbursed for your scuba diving classes!)
- We provide a Fitness Subsidy
- Regular social events (we work hard and play hard)
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority, and persons with a disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.