SOUTH PACIFIC MEATS
South Pacific Meats manufactures and exports beef and sheep products for over 80 markets across the globe. We are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Fitter to join the team at the SPM Awarua Plant.
Sick of just having a job and want a career? Join our motivated, skilled, and friendly Trades team today to learn new skills and excel in a fast-paced maintenance environment. Focusing on reliability and productivity – we need you to help us keep the machine well-oiled and running smoothly.
With your own assigned area of the plant, you will be able to see the results of your skills and workmanship, taking pride in your work while learning the ins and outs of our modern facility.
Your work may include all or some of the following duties:
- At all times working to the best Health and safety practices and actively improving H&S systems on site.
- Maintenance and repairing jobs within the meat processing plant.
- Ensuring plant reliability, diagnostics, and repair, as well as being involved in the commissioning of additional plant and equipment.
- Studying drawings and specifications to determine suitable material, method and sequence of operations, and machine settings.
- Fits and assembles metal parts and sub-assemblies to fabricate production machines and other equipment.
- Engineering trade skill works such as welding, cutting, grinding, drilling etc.
- Diagnosing faults and performing operational maintenance of machines and overhauling and repairing electrical parts and equipment.
- Erect machines and equipment on-site.
- Minimize the production breakdown time and increase the plant efficiency.
Applicants must be prepared to work on a shift structure and must have:
- A Trade certificate in engineering/maintenance or at least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- Welding ability Tig, Mig, MMAW.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Previous engineering experience in a food processing environment would be an advantage.
- Hydraulics & pneumatics experience would be an advantage.
- A proactive approach to daily routine with strong organisational skills,
- A strong commitment to upholding health and safety standards,
- Strong problem-solving skills,
- And a desire to succeed.
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for and possess the motivation and drive to add value to the existing trades team, then please apply today!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.