Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you’ll find more than a job. You’ll find a fast-paced, high-performance team of incredible colleagues that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. We work hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
The Manager role is responsible for the development and execution of impactful media relations strategies and campaigns for Peacock’s series and film content. Reporting to the Vice President of Communications, the Manager will be a key member of the West Coast communications team by supporting and managing multi-platform campaigns that will generate high-quality earned media across channels for Peacock’s content as well as Peacock as a platform. The candidate must have experience in PR, publicity or communications role(s) as well as an interest in entertainment and the film industry. Ideal candidate will be a creative, motivated self-starter with a team-focused attitude, and a solutions-oriented approach.
- Manage and execute PR campaigns across content on Peacock including ownership and responsibility for specific tactics
- Generate all press materials, including announcement releases, bios, captions, talking points, loglines, pitch letters and correspondence.
- Foster strong contacts with print, online and electronic media.
- Secure stories, manage and staff interviews and events, compile and present comprehensive campaign coverage and analysis.
- Develop and manage positive relationships with the actors, producers, publicists, agents, managers, production staff, media and executives.
- Pitch ideas and create promotional opportunities for talent, content and the growing offering on Peacock.
- Serve as project manager for special promotional activities including publicity parties, press conferences and screenings.
- Possess a strong understanding of and experience with social media.
- Cross over multi-promotional platforms and create synergistic opportunities through marketing and publicity.
- Work closely with program executives, producers, business affairs and legal to garner approval of written materials and campaign initiatives.
- Coordinate closely with Universal Studio Group and additional partners to present the studio and its programming in the most favorable light.
- 5+ years of experience in media, entertainment and/or distribution
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills required
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional attitude
- Must be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- A proactive multi-tasker, with the ability to prioritize and meet numerous deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.