Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials.
The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
- Implantation of company EHS compliance programs and develops facility-specific procedures that ensure compliance with regulatory and Company requirements.
- Managing EHS compliance as per RBO/buyers’ requirements
- Ensure EHS compliance of the company and buyers requirements
- Attend corporate audit, RBO audit and other audit and close out the audit findings
- Prepare yearly training plan to meet company goal, local law and RBO requirements
- Liaison with local authority and global team as required
- Reduce liability within the facility and ensure all safety and environmental recommendations are completed and documented.
- Track and regularly report the status of regulatory compliance and improvement initiatives.
- Develops, revises and conducts environmental, health and safety education and compliance training to support regulatory and business requirements.
- Investigate compliance issues in conjunction with line and staff personnel. Notify top management of pertinent details. Guides and assists plant personnel at locations with critical environmental, safety, and health issues.
- Conducts periodic inspections of plant machinery, equipment, and working conditions to ensure conformance to appropriate safety and sanitary standards and regulations.
- Prepare the work plan, project, measures on EHS & compliance in performance of work to reduce risk, prevent accident/incident and environment impact.
- Investigate the causes of danger and report results for prevention from danger when required.
- See to and track the progress on work performance of the place of business is in accordance with the work plan, project or monitor system concerning EHS in performance of work.
- Investigate, examined and find out the causes of occurrence of danger, illness or distress and disturbances owing to working and report results for prevention of such without delay.
- Reviews plant incident statistics and make recommendations for the correction of problem areas.
- Conduct risk EHS mindset / recognition to an associate to perform with safe and risk reduction.
- Monitor Waste Management and employ legal/AD standards are carried down.
- Supervise in ADGESMT and in CS Stars on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for Fire Safety Management.
- Train and develop a site for RBO Social Compliance audits & for ADPK site as per EHS standards.
- Provide support for product compliance and for technical compliance.
- Use ELS methodology to drive improvements in Environmental and Safety programs. Drive continuous improvement and deliver strong results from behavioral-based processes.
- Evaluate new environmental, health, and safety technologies and processes to develop strategies and tactics for reducing workplace and operational hazards and environmental impacts.
- Responsible to Solvent / Chemical Safety Improvements, Electrical Safety improvements and Machine Safeguarding improvements in the organization.
- Responsible to conduct RBO Audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Has good knowledge of Environment, Health & Safety, Processing & Factory Operations skills, personnel administration and its governing laws.
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements EHS policies, procedures and programs.
- Experience in life safety codes: EHS rules, training, principles of occupational safety and health, and Industrial hygiene.
- Good Project/Problem Resolution skills.
- Strategic thinking with strong leadership skills and good interpersonal communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Engineering / Science or related field. Bachelors in mechanical/chemical/ electrical engineering or Industrial Safety along with diploma or certification in compliance. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- 5 – 8 years of Social Compliance & EHS Compliance experience with progressive work assignments.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.