Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end user. More than 50,000 companies — from startups to public companies — around the world use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience ]CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve 50,000+ customers including Bridgestone, Chargebee, DeliveryHero, ITV, Klarna, Multichoice, OfficeMax, TaylorMade and Vice Media.
Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omni-channel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system).
Freshworks has received numerous accolades including 2019 Startup of the Year form Economic Times, #16 ranking on the Forbes’ Cloud 100 list and #22 on the Battery Ventures/Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2020. Our suite of products has also been recognized by analysts including the Gartner Magic Quadrants for CRM Customer Engagement, IT Service Management and Sales Force Automation.
While Freshworks has had incredible organic growth over the last few years, the company also has made targeted acquisitions that add critical capabilities to the portfolio including Natural Language Processing, Chatbots, Machine Learning, Social and Messaging Transformation.
Freshworks has raised over $400 million in capital and is funded by Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. More information is available at www.Freshworks.com.
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose and passion, irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion or ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, our communities and our business.
Role Scope and Impact
As a Solution Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing part of our Solution Engineering team in India. This role is open for Gurgaon or Bangalore (On-site).
Your day to day responsibilities will include hiring to plan, building a scalable solution engineering strategy for the relevant SE team, allocating resources to relevant sub-region, evaluating performance on an ongoing basis and providing meaningful feedback to the team and growing the business. You will be a player-coach and play a key role in developing the team and helping SEs on your team solve complex business problems for our prospective customers.
You will also partner with the Sales Leaders in these sub-regions and provide strategic insights into pipeline health, team performance, and improve win rates. Partnering with our product managers is another key area of focus and you will be responsible for evangelizing product requirements on behalf of our customers.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Manage a solution engineering team working in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- As an active practitioner of solution engineering, you will roll up your sleeves to push our revenue agenda across India/SAARC. You do this via the art of selling value, telling stories in demonstrations and painting a vision for the future.
- As a leader of one of our fastest-growing sub-regions, you will run Enterprise, Public Sector, Mid Market and commercial business along with the Sub-regional RSM, build scalable, repeatable frameworks & programmes.
- You will play an integral role in shaping our product roadmap and championing our customer needs within Freshworks.
- Work regularly with C level executives inside and outside the organization and be a credible source of business and technical insights in the specific domain.
Our ideal match
- Someone in an IC4/PM4 role with a good overview of all 3 Product BU’s – CX, CRM and EX with expertise in at least 2 of these.
- Previous experience as solution engineering team leads or another previous leadership role.
- Solution engineering experience in the Indian market is preferred.
- You are someone who can lead and inspire a team every day. You are not merely tracking dashboards and reporting on deals. You are rolling up your sleeves and working side by side with SEs on your team. You lead by example, not by authority. You promote an independent mindset and not micromanage.
- You are a professional who values excellence over outcomes and knows how to nurture and build.
- You are a keen strategist who can build competitive playbooks and work closely with product marketing to evangelize these playbooks within our global SE org but also equally tactical to push the day to day aspects of managing teams
- Exceptional soft skills and ability to influence within a matrixed organization.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and drive meaningful outcomes.
- A Bachelors is highly preferred and a Masters degree is nice to have, but not mandatory.
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.