Constellation Advisers is a premier investment management consultancy with a boutique firm approach.
Drawing from decades of experience in investment management and financial services, our consultants provide expert advice and value-added service to a range of traditional and alternative investment management firms, their investors, and their service providers, including hedge funds, mutual funds, fund of funds, private wealth management firms, private equity and venture capital funds, global asset managers, foundations, fund administrators, prime brokers, and dispute litigators. Please see our website at https://www.constellationadvisers.com/
As a Manager in our CFO Accounting consultant group, you will help to lead engagements for new and existing clients of varying sizes and with varying needs.
The Manager will help to supervise junior members of the team in executing and maintaining all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
This includes payment of all invoices, issuance of bills, and collection of cash. The Manager will also work with the CFO team to support clients with ongoing accounting needs, including invoicing and allocation etc.
- Calculation of management fees and incentive allocation
- Expense tracking and approvals
- Provide operational support for clients
- Fund and management company financial statement preparation/review
- Accounting principles and issues research, as needed
- Assist in evaluating current financial and accounting process for new clients, propose improvements and help coordinate implementation efforts
- Service provider recommendations and vetting
- Lead client execution and act as main point of contact on accounts
- Attend and lead meetings for client engagements
- Arrange, coordinate and participate in weekly, monthly or as needed conference calls with NY office and clients
- Assist in the opening of brokerage and bank accounts
- Review of service provider contracts and fund documents
- Advise clients on various issues as they arise
- Develop and oversee staff in delivery of services
- Work with clients to deliver outsourced CFO and related services to Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds
- Participate in special projects
- Develop budgets
- Financial Statement review
- Establish accounting practices
- Accounting principles and issues research
- Create financial models and provide ad-hoc financial analysis
- Review of service provider contracts and formation documents
- Evaluate current financial and accounting processes for clients, propose improvements and help coordinate implementation efforts
Successful candidates will have many, if not all, of the attributes below:
- 4+ years of experience in the alternative Investment Management industry (Hedge Fund, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Real Estate)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Public Accounting background
- Administration experience a plus
- Superior management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Hard-working, self-starter, dedicated, punctual and personable
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks
- Passionate about working in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment
- In depth understanding of investment management and alternative products
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions to solve problems — quickly and competently
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.