FARM BOY INC.
At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
This position is responsible for contributing to the coordinated efforts of preparing high-quality products for our retail stores.
The performance of the duties must align with all Food Safety standards, and ensure a quality service approach to all customers, employees and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Preparation of packaging of meat in strict accordance with Farm Boy standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintain high standard of product quality at all times.
- Maintain responsibility for the proper care, use and maintenance of all equipment and maintain required records.
- Ensure full compliance of all company policies and procedures that pertain to the ongoing operation of the Central Meat facility.
- Ensure execution of cleaning and sanitation practices that are in strict accordance with both Government regulations and Central Meat policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper Health and Safety practices are adhered to in an effort towards optimizing efficiency, work safety and food safety.
- Work as a team member lending support and assistance to fellow employees.
- Ensure that the department is kept clean and safe at all times.
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
- Typically requires less than 1 year of related experience in a meat production facility or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior standards of sanitation, cleanliness and food safety.
- Technical knowledge of meat production and equipment.
- Strong team-oriented approach to tasks.
- Detail oriented as it pertains to execution of daily tasks.
- Positive outlook with a history of proven dependability and commitment.
- Willingness to strictly adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Work & Sensory Environment:
- Required to wear cumbersome protective clothing or equipment during shift.
- Lack of control over pace due to multiple and/or tight deadlines beyond one’s control.
- Ability to work in a cold environment (2 to 4 degrees Celsius).
- May be required to lift, carry and/or handle heavy objects.
- Required to performing repetitive motions for an extended period of time.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.