The Bountiful Company is a pure play branded leader in global nutrition, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbal and other specialty supplements, and active nutrition products, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The Bountiful Company’s portfolio of trusted brands includes Nature’s Bounty®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
Maintenance Associates are responsible for keeping machines in good working conditions to enhance efficiency and prevent malfunctions that could lead to costly repairs. To do this, the associate is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, preventive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
This is the advanced level. The associate serves as either a lead worker responsible for overseeing the work activities of other associates or as a Subject Meter Expert performing the most complex assignments, The SME associate provides assistance in diagnosis and repair of equipment, working closely with lower-level associates.
Under guidance of supervision, the lead associate schedules work, monitors quality control for work performed, and customer relations. The advanced-level associate performs assignments that go beyond those typically expected at the experienced level.
- Proactively identify, assess and determine appropriate controls for Safety related issues; influence other associates to identify and resolve Safety related issues.
- Demonstrates general understanding of industrial safety practices and regulations, and in particular such topics as: Lock-out/Tag-out procedures, Fall protection, Personal protective equipment, and all other mandatory safety procedures related to the job.
- Actively Participates on the Safety Committee.
- Actively Support fundamental maintenance programs, understands in detail DMS programs and uses this knowledge to coach other Associates.
- Leads Root Cause Analysis (RCA) cross functional team in problem solving projects.
- Innovate and identify crafty solutions to their organization
- Uses data to make decision.
- Adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Trains other team members in the areas of instrumentation, control, and electrical systems.
- Associate is at the advanced level in Mechanics, Electrical and other disciplines; colleague is responsible for:
- Electrical- A high degree of working knowledge and practical application of instrumentation, controls, low, medium and high voltage switchgear, transformers, programmable logic controllers, protective relays and motor control centers. Performs maintenance on motor control centers, motor operated valves, programmable logic controllers.
- Electronics– Colleague is responsible for installing, maintaining, testing, and troubleshooting of instrumentation, controls, and electrical /electronic systems. Troubleshoots and performs maintenance on AC and DC power equipment, process controls, programmable logic controls (PLC) and monitoring equipment.
- Mechanical– Advanced troubleshooting technique used to diagnose the root of the problem and inspect, repair, and test the machinery. Uses knowledge and skills to pursue continuous improvement initiatives to drive OEE improvements. Modifies and/or replaces parts on all production and facility equipment as needed.
- Pneumatic/Hydraulic – Maintains replaces and repairs all pneumatic/Hydraulic equipment and troubleshoot complex pneumatic system issues.
- Additional Trades – Possesses and applies an advanced knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of projects of major complexity such as: Welding, Plumbing, Carpentry ladder logic programming etc.
- Plant Systems – Monitor and maintain Boilers, Air compressors, Air conditioning, Dust collectors, and other plant utility systems. Identify energy loss and correct issues.
- Use Reference Resources “work books and drawings” use technical manuals, their understanding of industrial equipment, and careful observation to discover the cause of a problem.
- Maintain work area, maintenance shop, parts and supplies area cleaned and organized.
- 8+ years maintenance professional experience in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment.
- 5+ years in manufacturing experience.
- Mechanical/electrical/electronic trade background, Journeyman or equivalent technical school background desired.
- PLC programing experience (would be a plus).
- Experience leading people, “managing through influence”.
The Bountiful Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Bountiful Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous colleague discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.