“The icare way”
Other rehabs only see the diagnosis and treat the way they treat that diagnosis, failing to ever get to know and understand each person and their unique needs. No two patients needs are ever the same, even with the same diagnosis, their needs are all very unique to the individual.
At icare we get to know the person first, because they are more than just a diagnosis. Once we know the person, then we treat the whole person, not just the diagnosis.
Every staff member at icare is required to ask the question “If this was my Mom…Dad…Sibling…Child…how would I want them to be cared for?” because that is the icare standard, the “icare way”, are the reason our outcomes are superior to any other facility.
Once at our beautiful, hands down “superior to anything in the Metroplex” state-of-the-art facility our physical/speech/occupational therapists will all assess and address the unique challenges that each of our guests face in their physical rehabilitation process through our unique icare style of personalized care.
We are looking for an efficient medical billing clerk to prepare invoices and manage patient accounts. In this role, you will liaise with patients who have outstanding amounts, which may entail dealing with collection agencies. You will also communicate with medical aid companies and obtain authorization for payment of medical procedures.
To be successful as a medical billing clerk, you will regularly monitor patient accounts and make arrangements with the relevant medical aid to ensure that accounts are settled on time. A skilled medical billing clerk is well-versed in insurance guidelines and procedures and answers patient queries calmly and efficiently.
Pay: $23.30 – $28.70 per hour.
- Managing patient accounts and preparing invoices.
- Inputting patient information and maintaining up-to-date records of patient data using computer software.
- Ensuring that the patients receive the accounts.
- Performing administrative tasks such as answering phone calls and responding to emails.
- Acquiring and recording medical aid details from patients and liaising with the medical aid company to obtain authorization on payments owed by patients.
- Following up with patients on accounts that are late as well as those which are seriously overdue.
- Following work procedures methodically while ensuring compliance with the rules and regulations of the hospital or clinic as well as state and federal laws.
- Improving job knowledge and skills by networking and staying abreast of medical service rates in order to ensure up-to-date billing.
- Ensuring that patient records, accounts, and payments are meticulously handled.
- Keeping all patient records confidential.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- At least 2 years of administrative experience in a medical or healthcare setting.
- Associate’s degree in accounting, business, or economics may be preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Excellent communication skills to deal with medical insurance companies and to explain financial matters to patients and staff.
- Above-average organizational skills to be able to locate files or patient records speedily.
- Attention to detail to maintain patient records proficiently and to check that the accounts have been entered accurately.
- The ability to process cash or credit card payments.
- Proficiency in account data input to prepare statements for patients.
- Knowledge of medical coding procedures.
icare Rehabilitation Hospital & Physical Medicine Center is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
icare offers additional benefits as part of our compensation package, including paid licensure, paid immunizations, and direct payroll deposit, as well as Critical Illness, LTD, Hospital Indemnity, Accident, Pet, EAP, Business Travel, Health Advocacy Services, and Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.