Website SOURCE BIOSCIENCE
Source BioScience Limited is an international provider of integrated state of the art Laboratory Services and Products. Headquartered in the UK, with offices in UK, Europe and the USA, Source BioScience is a fully owned subsidiary of SourceBio International plc, which listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange in October 2020.
We are looking for an experienced Microbiologist who will need to work closely with the senior management team. He or she will report directly to the Site Manager. The person will have 2-3 years or more appropriate laboratory experience and possess a relevant Microbiology/Scientific degree. They will be considered a technical expert with a thorough understanding of the portfolio and be considered exceptionally proficient in two or more microbiology techniques.
They must also be sufficiently expert in microbiology to suggest appropriate technical methodologies to drive quality and cost-saving processes to meet the individual project demands.
They will have highly developed problem-solving skills alongside excellent interpersonal skills with a confident and assertive manner, meticulous record-keeping and be conscientious and reliable in their approach to work.
The post holder performs the function of the daily troubleshooting and development of microbiology within the company.
The post holder will work closely in conjunction with the Manager in order to ensure appropriate resources, including staff and equipment are adequately shared to fulfil the operational requirements of the group.
The post holder will be considered a technical expert and thus will contribute to, and aid delivery of, the vision of the company. This includes such tasks as a strong involvement in training, trouble shooting and providing technical direction for the scientific staff.
Building on the already strong position in the community, the post-holder will be expected to deliver outstanding service and continuous improvement in quality whilst controlling costs. Generally, the post holder will be expected to deliver results once business has been secured but they may also be expected to play a role in business development.
· A proven scientific track-record coupled to a “can-do” attitude.
· Deliver the expectation of the customer whilst also balancing the interests of the company.
· Confidently manage the day-to-day project delivery requirements, filling in where necessary.
· Be aware of all cross training requirements within the team ensuring that no one person is indispensable.
· Manage quality initiatives and accreditations (shared with Quality Manager)
· Be able to observe and tackle problems encountered with possible experimental failure.
· Must work as part of a team, acting as a focal point and role model – balancing the different demands and priorities placed upon them by the other members of the Group.
· Must have a passion for training and the transfer of knowledge and expertise.
· Flexibility to assist team leaders.
· Working to tight deadlines and making effective use of the time and resources available.
· Provide briefings to the Manager so that the necessary communications are provided in a timely fashion.
· Create and maintain working relationships with suppliers and technology providers
· To dress and act in a professional manner at all times as per Company Policy
· To lead by example, demonstrating professionalism to colleagues commensurate with post.
· To promote all aspects of quality control. To develop and ensure continuing high standards of performance by the participation in all necessary internal and external quality control measures and schemes.
· To comply with safe working practises in accordance with Company safety policies.
· To participate in the Annual Joint Staff Review process, in accordance with Company Policy.
· To perform any other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with grade and experience.
- Performing duties in accordance with the requirements of cGLP/cGMP systems locally.
- Ensure that activities are scheduled to provide an accurate and timely service to support business requirements.
- Identify incidents of out of specification results and inform their Line Manager. Assist in investigations as required.
- Keep their Line Manager informed on a regular basis of progress and any circumstances which alter agreed timescales.
- Ensure that laboratory equipment remains in calibration and functions as required. Where this is not the case inform the appropriate persons for them to action.
- Ensure that a good standard of housekeeping is maintained in all work areas.
- Provides cover as required any area of the laboratory where extra staffing may be required due to sickness, vacation or extreme workload.
- Responsible jointly with all other members of staff to ensure that laboratory is a safe environment, and that appropriate safety equipment is available and used.
- All other tasks as delegated by SBS Management.
- Sterility testing, Bacterial Endotoxin analysis as per Pharmacopoeia.
- Environmental monitoring, trending and identifying species.
- Method Validation
- Provide technical advice to clients.
- After training, any other techniques as deemed necessary by the Line Manager to assist the business in meeting timelines.
- Ensure adequate supplies of materials and consumables are available to support projects. Order as required.
- Individually assigned tasks as listed in the “General Lab Duties”.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all analysis and associated tasks are performed in accordance with SBS quality policies and procedures and satisfy the requirements of cGMP or GQCLP and are in accordance with the appropriate regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all work is documented on controlled worksheets and in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that any out of specification result is reported to their Line Manager in a timely manner and be prepared to take part in any resulting investigations.
- Ensure that all equipment is calibrated before use and report any non-compliant equipment to their Line Manager.
- Assist with client and regulatory audits and meetings as required.
Health and Safety:
- Ensure that all activities within the laboratory are performed in a safe manner in keeping with the Company’s written procedures.
- Report all accidents or unsafe conditions in the workplace to management.
- Participate in Health and Safety training.
- Use PPE provided at all times within the lab and report any malfunction to the Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Always know hazards associated with materials being worked on and correct disposal techniques. On a frequent basis read relevant MSDS provided with materials to keep knowledge up to date.
Training and Development:
- Participate in training as required.
- Recognise areas where personal development is required and seek guidance for appropriate training.
- Gain experience and knowledge enabling them to become a departmental trainer in at least one area of the laboratory.
- Participate fully in meetings when attendance is requested.
- Participate fully with Quality on issues associated with workload and out of specification results. Also communicate any other Quality issues found in the lab.
- Participate in Appraisal system as requested by the Directors.
- Participate in department internal and external audits.
- Income Protection
- Death in Service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medicash health cash plan
- Shopping & leisure discount portal
- Virtual GP Service
- mProve Yourself health and wellbeing resources
- SkinVision App
- Able Futures Mental Health support
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted private healthcare
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.