Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
We are looking to hire a Android developer who has technical experience to work on Banking implementation projects in the area of Mobile Banking. You will work together with various other teams as the Customization teams as well as the product development teams in Zurich, Edinburgh and Manila. The whole group is responsible for developing and maintaining our Avaloq solutions.
You are responsible for the implementation of the technical components and solving technical challenges within the Mobile Banking application.
- Implement, test, and technically document features of mobile banking solution
- Analyse and resolve software defects
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the mobile application
- Use various tool to develop the mobile banking solution for e-banking clients that uses Android devices
- Actively involved in the development process of our products
- Proactively find bugs in our products, document the steps to reproduce them and provide a solution
What you need
- University degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience working with mobile application development
- Experience in native mobile application development (Java and Kotlin)
- Experience working with Android SDK and remote data via REST and JSON
- Strong knowledge on third party libraries and API
- Clear understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Have published at least one Android app
- Experience in Agile processes
- Analytical, solution driven, keen to details, ability to work with a team and above all has the passion to drive change.
- Strong communication skills (proficiency in English)
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges
You will get extra points for the following (nice-to-have)
- Knowledge of banking / finance is a plus
- JIRA knowledge is a plus
We offer high flexibility in regards to working models (e.g. part time and home office models are possible depending on business requirements). Our base salaries are competitive and if you prove to be a superstar, you might even be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
At Avaloq we embrace diversity, we embrace difference. We are whole-heartedly committed to equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive culture where everyone’s’ contributions are valued and their voices are listened to. We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please note that our job descriptions are intended to be written in an inclusive and gender neutral language.
Apply to join an amazing journey.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.