Syngenta Seeds is one of the world’s largest developers and producers of seed for farmers, commercial growers, retailers and small seed companies. Syngenta seeds improve the quality and yields of crops. High-quality seeds ensure better and more productive crops, which is why farmers invest in them.
Advanced seeds help mitigate risks such as disease and drought and allow farmers to grow food using less land, less water and fewer inputs. Syngenta Seeds brings farmers more vigorous, stronger, resistant plants, including innovative hybrid varieties and biotech crops that can thrive even in challenging growing conditions.
Syngenta Seeds is headquartered in the United States.
- Plan the structure and resources of the biological processes for the production of experimental seeds (pollination, detasseling and harvest), as well as the mapping and planting of experimental fields, sampling and collection of plant material (plants, leaves, seeds and ears), identification field (plants, plots and trials), phenotypic evaluations, generation of production data and shipment of samples to laboratories.
- Ensure and lead that the procedures, instructions, standards and critical points that impact the production and quality of seeds are implemented and followed throughout the production chain.
- Ensure the creation of the operational schedule and communicate clearly to the teams, in order to comply with the delivery of results within the agreed deadlines and qualities;
- Ensure the generation of data during all processes, creation of Dashboards and KPI’s, decision-making based on data.
- Ensure full compliance with all site HSE and quality protocols and other company policies.
- Review and validate SOP and JSA for key operational activities.
- Promote initiatives or projects with regional impact, with the aim of improving processes.
- Plan annually the forecast of operating expenses (Forecast) of its structure; interacting a lot with the Adm Ops teams, as well as tracking costs so that operations remain within established financial parameters.
- Have extensive experience in computer programs on Germplasm Inventories and Breeding to translate the Breeding area requirements in the field and make the corrections that are required after planting.
It is essential for this position:
- Bachelor of Agronomy.
- Experience of 5 – 10 years in the development of R&D Seeds.
- Postgraduate degree in plant breeding (Preferred).
- Excellent understanding of corn crop management, pollination, crew supervision, field logistics, and extensive experience in R&D operations.
- Knowledge of maize seed crop research, production, and quality assurance practices.
- Results oriented with proven ability to manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- Knowledge and ability to use computer software for data management, eg Microsoft Word, Excel, GIS mapping software and other software related to Germplasm Inventories and Breeding.
- Fluency in English: written and spoken.
Be part of the Syngenta Experience
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Dynamic and international environment
- Modern, professional, secure and collaborative environment
- Advanced labor policies (eg flexible work, focus on objectives)
- Individual development in a diverse and inclusive environment
Beyond just believing in the power of diversity, Syngenta promotes an inclusive culture that embraces difference in all its forms. Here we believe that the feeling of belonging allows people to be the best versions of themselves, building an increasingly welcoming and productive environment.
All qualified individuals will be considered for our positions, without regard to race, gender, age, national origin, or disability.
- This position requires immediate job availability.
- This position does not include relocation support.
Become part of a leading company that brings the potential of plants to life.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.