TURNER & TOWNSEND
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference – we are committed to delivering Sustainable Net Zero outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious Net Zero programmes from over 110 offices worldwide.
We are currently seeking a personable, enthusiastic, and energetic Operation & Finance Manager to join our South West & Wales team to support our continuing growth and to make the difference to both our business and our clients. The role is based in our Bristol office.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
You will be working in the South West & Wales Region to help drive the operational performance of the team and underpin our growth with sound processes and Management Information (MI).
The main purpose of the role is:
- Provide assistance to the Leadership team in the operational running of the business through the provision of timely and accurate management information & insightful analysis upon which strategic decisions can be made.
- Lead the Finance and operations team of 4 people overseeing the smooth running of day to day operations and finance including Forecasting and invoicing.
- Ensure the business accurately forecasts income and manages costs. Act as custodian of the forecast and drive accountability through the commission management structure and regional leaders to deliver results. This extends to ensuring commission managers fulfil their duties including health and safety management, people management and other operational processes through continual engagement with the individuals and through the use of audit processes.
- Collating and analysing of management information to inform trend analysis and the tracking of cost across the business unit.
- Act as the first port of call for resource requests across all live commissions, building a resource forecasting outlook and ensuring the business keeps corporate and business systems updated with business generation information.
- Maintain and operate the monthly ops rhythm and supporting of key meetings such as monthly ops leadership meeting and monthly markets senior leader meeting
- Ensure compliance of the Contracts database through commission manager and maintaining reports that demonstrate compliance or gaps
- Ensure our teams are prepared and the planning for ISO audit and management of directors audits
- Supporting the finance teams and commission teams on monthly billing and forecasting cycles
- Working with the management team and other interfacing teams to ensure the smooth running of the SW&W Region.
- Generate, develop and own a suite of performance reports on the operational health of the business including:
-Monthly report /dashboard summarising performance.
-Resource utilisation forecasting and management (fee generation, productive time (investments/products), and administration time).
-Business generation and pipeline look ahead, maintaining the SW&W Region data sources and ensure Corporate Systems are updated and compliant.
-Build on the existing PowerBI dashboard suite to provide the business with visibility of performance across commissions, resources and clients.
-Review SW&W people data and ensure systems are updated and hold current data, ensure compliance with cyclical corporate people processes.
-Trend analysis across all cost and expenditure within the SW region.
- Act as first port of call for resource requests and monitor past utilisation performance and future resource requirements, proactively liaising with managers.
- Devise and manage an audit schedule including but not limited to Director Audits, Client Care, People management, and CEP updates. Help ensure Health and Safety obligations are met.
- Maintain a programme of client care, tracking the feedback given and the close out of any interventions to ensure we delight our customers.
- Maintain the case study and proposal library, cross referencing the proposals generated where we have delivered, and what products were developed to help provide examples of best practice and marketing collateral.
- Align business generation activities with the financial forecast and maintain a 12 month look ahead.
- Help drive financial accountability in the business and amongst management to deliver the business plan and associated budget.
- Maintain corporate systems with business related information e.g. business generation opportunities, and contract management database.
- Undertake monthly finance reconciliations, liaising with Finance teams, analysing data and reporting on variances to senior managers.
- Degree calibre preferred with experience in financial and operational reporting roles
- Some Financial Experience required
- Analytical mind, capable of distilling down data from corporate systems into beneficial MI and analysis to draw out business insights
- A proactive and process driven mindset; someone who is able to meet deadlines, manage own workload with multiple deadlines.
- A team player with good communication skills to liaise with everyone in the business unit and present to senior management.
- A can-do attitude and problem solving mind-set to develop solutions to issues.
- An ability to keep a number of work streams moving and multi-task.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.