Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 150 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada.
We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Operations Leader (OL) is a member of the Store’s Leadership Team and is responsible for leading and executing work that contributes to the Store’s operations and customer experience.
Talent in the role supports the achievement of strategic priorities that are cascaded from the Retail Strategic Initiatives to the Store and Functional level. The OL ensures budget and cost centre management while contributing to the achievement of the Store’s sales plans and long-term desired outcome of profitability and growth. In this role, you’ll:
- Lead and execute the store’s back of house functions and operational processes. This includes leading the team that processes the Inbound (HED2F) and Outbound (Returns) productivity
- Support various operational activities, including; Merch updates, TIME tasks, MyCounts, Trade Weekly Story, Shelfie, Scrapping, Promos/Markdowns, and Inventory Management
- Support the Store’s Leadership Team in daily and weekly workflow planning
- Support the planning, prioritization and execution of the work you and the team are doing
- Responsible for the facilities, maintenance, health and safety and loss prevention of the store on your shift
- Live and inspire Indigo’s High-Performance Characteristics and lead a Story Telling culture
- Practice and role model Feedback and Coaching – The Indigo Way
- Participate in talent calibration and contribute to talent management and acquisition activities to support Indigo’s goal to build strong teams and attract and develop the best talent
- Contribute to the development of CER talent
- Collaborate with others and work cross-functionally while celebrating and role modelling diversity of thought and inclusion
- Cultivate an environment of trust where the opinions, voices, and well-being of employees are valued, enabling people to bring their best selves to work
- Embrace and role model change
- Foster an environment where everyone knows their health and safety is a top priority and where everyone actively participates in ensuring the health and safety of each other and our customers
WHO YOU ARE:
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service, merchandising or operations role
- Demonstrated commitment to creating an exceptional employee and customer experience
- Experience leading others
- Performance orientated
- Ability to exercise good business acumen and systemic thinking that supports meaningful decisions
- Ability to prioritize, plan and execute while being agile
- Knowledge of Provincial Health & Safety standards
- Ability to lift medium to large items, up to 40 pounds, while using appropriate equipment and safety techniques
- Minimum 25 Hours a week availability with primary hours of work outside of store opening hours. Availability to include early mornings, evenings, overnights and holidays
At Indigo, we are committed to our communities, our customers, and each other; together we can make a positive impact. We know that fostering diversity and inclusion brings out your full potential and creates a joyful and welcoming environment for everyone. We are driven to be an equitable employer, which highly values your diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that you, in all your uniqueness, belong at Indigo.
We welcome all applicants and encourage applications from individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, a person of colour, LGBTQ2+ and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request to individuals who self-identify as having a disability or special need. Please contact Human Resources at 1 (888) 881-3177 (toll free) or Support-HR@indigo.ca if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.