EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC’s approach to equity, diversity, and inclusion is grounded in EDC’s commitment to respect the dignity of each individual. EDC has a commitment to promoting equity and access to high quality education and health services that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. EDC expresses its commitment to increasing equity through its strategies, services and products, which contribute to building capacity and transforming lives.
The Health Promotion, Practice, and Innovation (HPPI) portfolio includes a range of projects that aim to promote social and emotional wellbeing, promote mental and behavioral health, and to prevent risky behaviors such as substance misuse, violence, and suicide. Our project beneficiaries range from state agencies (e.g., state departments of public health and education), community-based organizations, and school districts. Our funders include federal agencies, state agencies, foundations, community-based organizations, and school districts. Our work includes trainings and professional development opportunities, technical assistance and consultation, and research and evaluation.
The HPPI Portfolio has an opening for a Project Director I, reporting to the Portfolio’s Operations Director and Senior Director, Implementation and Operations for EDC’s Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC) contract. The position is eligible to work in one of EDC’s offices or may be filled by a U.S.-based telecommuter. Internationally-based telecommuters are not eligible for this position.
This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment, supporting colleagues working nationally to advance behavioral health and well-being.
While the majority of initial effort for this candidate will support EDC’s SPRC contract, they will be called on to support other areas of the portfolio’s work, as business demands. All positions at EDC are subject to funding availability.
- Lead contracts management for SPRC and other assigned contracts, including budget management
- Interface with SPRC funder, University of Oklahoma, as well as other assigned funders
- Coordinate workplan development
- Lead meetings to check address resource allocation, budget needs, and process improvement/development
- Support EDC business development as needed, including budget development, business proposal management, coordination with finance and contracting representatives, and other operational tasks
- Cultivate relationships, work closely and collaboratively with colleagues
The ideal candidate is innovative, autonomous, self-directed, creative, flexible, has excellent writing skills; strong interpersonal and organizational skills; and can juggle leadership of multiple high-level projects simultaneously. This individual will have demonstrated leadership experience in administration or management of a team, including project and budget management. Specific requirements:
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of training & experience required in a related discipline; PhD or equivalent in a related discipline desirable
- 6–9 years related experience, with 2–4 years of project management experience, including budget responsibility and staff supervision
- Demonstrable leadership, project management, contracting/procurement, and budgeting/financial skills
- Be uniquely skilled at navigating disparate personalities, skillsets, and approaches to ensure clear and effective communication and collaboration.
- Not only troubleshoot immediate problems but will also have the foresight to implement solutions that can systematically address inefficiencies that apply across the entire portfolio and align with systems and structures throughout EDC.
- Excellent analytical skills and aptitude for details
- Agile understanding and use of technology platforms and software
What we offer:
- This position is eligible for full-time telework for US-based candidates.
- A mission-driven work environment
- Health, dental, and vision insurance and employee assistance program
- 12 paid holidays
- Generous vacation benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition and transportation reimbursement
- Retirement plan including robust employer contributions
- Paid sick time and up to 16 hours of personal time annually
- Parental leave
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply directly via our website (www.edc.org/careers-edc) with both a thoughtful cover letter and resume. The cover letter should be a succinct statement of interest to include highlights of relevant qualifications and experience for the role desired, and should not exceed three pages. The resume should not exceed five pages. Writing samples and/or participation in exercises to demonstrate skills and experience may be part of the interview process. Note: applications without requested items will not be considered.
At EDC, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all US-based EDC employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, as a condition of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.