Rich’s has been able to pull off something rare in the business world: a culture that successfully blends the latest business practices with family values.
That means our associates are able to work for a great company while also benefiting from a work environment that fosters world-class professionalism combined with family intimacy. Our benefit offerings are reflective of this unique blend of Life, Work and Family.
We are looking for individuals to join our organization as Packer. This is an entry-level position at our Unionized Fort Erie Ontario manufacturing facility.
Responsible for hand-packing frozen bread, cinnamon rolls and pizza dough into pre-made boxes for customer shipment.
Set up and maintain proper operation of all carton formers bulk scales, metal check, date code printers in the packing areas. This position may occasionally be asked to assist our mixers with loading ingredients into machines.
- Packs product at all lines. Manually grades, counts frozen dough before final boxing according to product code specifications. Assist in labelling, re-casing, repackaging and rework of product
- Performs minor troubling shooting and adjustments on equipment
- Adjust conveyors and guides on conveyors for various size product cases
- Set-up and change build scales for proper packing weight
- Perform periodic equipment inspections to identify worn parts of malfunctions requiring maintenance support
- On all lines, rework product as assigned
- On occasion, on all lines, will act as a mixer helper or light machine helper
- Complies with all safety, GMP, HACCP, plant policy and other associate and food safety requirements
- Collect frozen samples
- Remove rejected product scrap receptacles
- Ensure proper supplies are in appropriate areas to prevent down time and removing rejected product to scrap receptacles
- Duties also include maintaining good housekeeping. On all lines, performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to Read, Write and Speak Basic English
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to work in a cold and hot environment
- Must be able to work all shifts
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Considerable amount of standing, walking, use of hands
- Lift up to 50 lbs
Rich Products provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
In addition to federal law requirements, Rich Products complies with applicable provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Please contact our HR department if you will require assistance with our recruiting process due to a disability.
To apply for this job please visit careers.rich.com.