At Home Instead we provide award-winning home care of the highest quality, including companionship, light housework and personal care. We are rated ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality commission (CQC). The care and support we deliver is designed to allow our clients to live independently in their own homes.
The role of CAREGiver is highly rewarding, we offer a flexible working pattern, award-winning training, and excellent rates of pay and benefits.
Growing older can be very stressful for some people, so can you imagine taking someone out of their home too? Our home care avoids this, and our CAREGivers allow older people to live long and happy lives, whilst supporting their independence. Do you want to make a real difference to someone’s life?
We currently have CAREGiver vacancies to join our growing team:
- COMPANIONSHIP – CARE – SUPPORT
- Flexible – Part-time hours
- Our pay rates range from £11.50 to £12.00 per hour – plus mileage
- No previous experience is required – just the right attitude!
- Minimum 1 hour visits – so no rushing!
- St Albans – Radlett – Harpenden & supporting areas
- You’ll visit regular clients building strong relationships
- We introduce you to new clients to make sure you feel confident and comfortable
- An experienced office team will always be on-hand to provide guidance & support
We focus on your development with full training and our mentor team support all new employees through completion of the Care Certificate.
Responsibilities of a CAREGiver:
- Support our local clients – ensuring they continue to live independently in their own homes for as long as possible
- Ensure that the environment in which they live is safe and clean
- Provide companionship based care and support
- Provide ongoing, continuity of care
Requirements for being a CAREGiver:
- You don’t need any experience as we provide the training
- A real “people person” Naturally empathetic with a desire to make a positive difference to the lives of your clients
- To be a Care Assistant we need to be happy that you’d be suitable to care for our own parents. It’s called the ‘Mum Test’
- You will need your own car for work use due to the nature of the role
Whether you’ve worked in care previously or looking to start your care career, Home Instead is very different to most care providers and when you apply, our team will be happy to tell you why!
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.