ayroll Assistant / Burgess Hill / Human Resources / Finance
A well respected Burgess Hill based business are seeking a Payroll Assistant on a permanent basis.
As Payroll Assistant you will be responsible for:
- To collate monthly timesheets and returns ensuring the data is accurately entered into the system.
- Processing payments for approximately 1700 hourly paid staff and 300 salaried staff.
- To be familiar with company policies and guidelines to be able to assist services with accurate information and guidance in their treatment of certain payroll matters and payments.
- Maintaining a computerised Payroll system. This would entail inputting starting and leaving employees, processing payments and assisting as appropriate or required with month-end procedures and shutdowns.
- Calculating SSP, SMP, SAP, SPP, company sick pay, contracted hours, holiday and all other types of payments
- Ensuring accurate deductions from pay and maintaining detailed records as appropriate
- Recording and maintain information on subject matters that will be required for audit and other purposes, by use of spreadsheets and/or word processing package
- Maintaining filing system updating with leavers and new employees.
- Archiving annual information and generally ensuring files are up to date.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries from individual members of staff
- Knowledge of payroll and calculating statutory payments
- Computerised payroll systems and software
- Payroll reporting
- Attention to detail
£22-23,000 + benefits
To apply for this job please visit www.totaljobs.com.