UBIQUITY RETIREMENT + SAVINGS
Ubiquity Retirement + Savings® has a simple mission: to empower small businesses and their employees to create a more secure financial future by leveraging technology with affordable retirement solutions and world-class customer support.
For over 23 years, we have helped workers save more than $2.8 billion toward their retirement and opened 401(k) plans for 10,000+ small businesses—pioneering a transparent, flat-fee experience. Our tenured team are retirement experts and future-you champions.
Ubiquity also produced a hard-hitting documentary with producers and editors from CNN, highlighting the challenges Americans face in saving for their futures. Watch Broken Eggs: The Looming Retirement Crisis in America today (link at the bottom of the post) and join the movement towards building a bright retirement.
This is a 100% remote position and we encourage applicants from all over the US to apply. We know that allows you to balance your skill set while being empowered with autonomy as a subject matter expert. Ubiquity is known for our unique and thriving company culture, our ongoing investment in our employees, and for providing a clear career path for your future. We average a 65 eNPS each quarter and our Glassdoor reviews reflect our focus on you. Do more here and make more of a difference to small businesses everywhere!
Learn more about our values: https://www.myubiquity.com/about/
See us in the news: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ubiquity-retirement-savings
Find out what our employees think: https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Ubiquity-Retirement-Savings-Reviews-E101757.htm
Watch Broken Eggs on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmtjJVC_niI
We value accountability, collaboration, and transparency. Proudly one of the Best Places to Work and Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top 150 Company Cultures, we take what we do seriously and always strive to be happy at work. Our four company values* and our motto “Freedom with Accountability” guide the way we work to support our mission.
We are a growing company that wants you to be a part of our success!
The Payroll Processing Specialist, reporting directly to the Manager of the Payroll Team, will be responsible for assisting in the daily operations in retirement payroll processing, including Direct Integration and Enhanced Payroll Services. They will also be responsible for assisting in internal testing as well as set up of new integrated clients. They possess strong critical thinking and analysis skills and they also have a thorough understanding of 401(k) rules and regulations. The ideal candidate would like to cross train in all aspects of the team and also has interest in growing into a leadership role in the future.
- Responds timely and accurately to Salesforce cases and internal written and verbal requests
- Assists with the daily operations of Enhanced Payroll Services, including manual payroll submissions and 360 daily tasks
- Assists with integration set ups and troubleshoots for Enhanced Payroll Services clients
- Monitors incoming Payroll and Census files for Enhanced Payroll Services clients for issues and notifies clients with the necessary corrective action
- Interprets plan provisions outlined in the record keeping system and on the plan’s adoption agreement to determine if eligibility and over-the-limit contribution errors are valid
- Trains with Manager to assist and eventually assume more complicated research tasks such as trouble shooting eligibility and source issues, as well as integration issues for direct and Enhanced Payroll Services
- Additionally, cross trains with Deposits and Kotapay ACH processing as back up
401(k) Knowledge – Working knowledge of 401k rules and regulations
Organization – Capable of successfully managing multiple projects of varying importance simultaneously
Critical thinking – Ability to look at situations from multiple perspectives. Breaks problems into component parts. Considers and organizes parts in a systematic way. Looks for underlying causes
Results Oriented – Initiative-taking and result driven, able to identify what steps are necessary to reach a result and willing to practice good follow through to achieve solutions
Attention to Detail – Thoroughness in accomplishing a task with concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Checks work and organizes time and resources efficiently
Adaptive Learner – Ubiquity payroll team utilizes multiple systems (some are proprietary) that will require the employee to learn quickly to succeed
Skills + Experience
- 3+ years of experience in the retirement industry
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Ability to diagnose problems, identify root issues and propose solutions
- Excellent follow through and communication both written and verbal
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel knowledge (performing V look ups and pivot tables) strongly desired
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Process-oriented thinker with an advanced problem-solving aptitude
- Works both autonomously and collaboratively to achieve goals
This is a salaried, full-time remote position. Please follow application instructions carefully and note that a cover letter is required along with your resume. *Plus, find our four values on our website and list them in your cover letter.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous stipend toward premiums for medical, dental, and vision
- Learning and development stipends
- 401(k) Matching
- Monthly wellness subsidies
- Equity incentives
- Flexible PTO policy
- Time off for volunteering
- Emphasis on internal promotions
- Regular performance reviews
- Remote work culture
Ubiquity Retirement + Savings is an equal employment opportunity employer for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.