METROLAND MEDIA GROUP LTD.
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario’s largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada’s heartland.
Metroland’s diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
Our Commitment To Diversity
We strive to be a leader in building and cultivating an employee community framed around fairness, support and opportunity. We believe that what makes us different, makes a difference. And as a team, the diversity of our backgrounds, interests and experiences is what enriches our work, and our workplaces. We welcome all, and we strive for an inclusive culture that allows individual growth and shared success.
We are currently looking for a Press Helper, whose main responsibility is to take bundles of newspapers from the Stackers at the end of the printing press and pile them neatly and accurately on pallets as per the customer’s requirements. Reporting to the Crew Chief, the individual will assist Pressroom staff with both set-up and clean-up as well as general maintenance.
- Ability to jog and stack printed paper and bundles to pallets
- Ensure printed copies are stacked neatly into bundles and onto pallets
- Ensure bundle and skid counts accurately match customer orders
- Learn the set-up and maintenance of the stackers
- Complete all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
Other duties as assigned
- Completion of high school
- Good manual dexterity to jog and stack printed paper bundles to pallets
- Ability to stand for most of the work shift
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work in a quick paced team environment
- Capable of working in a team environment and maintain positive relationships with team members
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment
- Access to a reliable vehicle or reliable transportation accommodations
Training provided as required to safely perform this position
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling the interview of your requirements.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.
I love that