BlueScope is an Australian-born, global success story, spanning 18 countries, with a team of over 15,000 people. We’re driven by innovation and are proud that the technologies in our products and brands, like COLORBOND® steel, inspire and protect everything from hospitals and bridges to stadiums and homes.
What’s next in your career? Are you ready to start a new journey? Come and discover the opportunity to join our team at our Western Port Manufacturing facility as a Process Operator. Our Process Operators come from all walks of life and occupations, and we genuinely value the contribution of each team member, bringing diverse skills, experience, and backgrounds. No previous experience needed, we’ll provide you with all the on-the-job training and support you need to develop you in your new career.
We’re excited to be creating a ‘Talent Community’ of fixed-term full-time Process Operators. This is a Talent Community for opportunities as they become available. Whilst there are positions available now, others may arise over the subsequent 6 months. As a part of the broader Australian Steel Products Portfolio, we have four major manufacturing department at Western Port which operate 24 hours, 7 days a week, delivering a variety of products, innovative solutions and services to our export and domestic customers.
Each day, you’ll play an integral part in producing BlueScope’s steel for our customers, ensuring that only the finest quality is delivered. You’ll operate automated machinery whilst working in, and maintaining, a safe environment. Some of these positions may require lifting and manual handling. We ensure that all our employees are supported with the necessary training and equipment to complete these tasks safely.
Team Members work a variety of 8 to 12-hour shift patterns, including a combination of day, afternoon, and night shift. Depending on the department, our operations run up to 24 hours a day, up to 7 days a week. Some of these positions may require you to work weekends, overtime, and across public holidays. To allow you to plan ahead and maintain a work-life-balance, our rosters are produced 12 months in advance. Our Information Night will provide further detail around the specifics and shift patterns available.
What Will You Do?
Being a valued Process Operator of our manufacturing department, you’ll enjoy learning to:
- support and promote a safe working environment
- operate machinery to process and manufacture our products
- monitor products for quality control
- drive forklifts and operate cranes
- safely pack and strap our steel products
More About You
While previous operations or manufacturing experience isn’t needed, what we care about is your enthusiasm to learn new skills and go above and beyond for your fellow team members. We’re on the lookout for team players who:
- put safety first
- collaborate well in a team environment
- are flexible and adaptable with a willingness to embrace shift work
- respect others and embrace a diverse and inclusive workforce
*Under section 89 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (VIC) BlueScope Steel Limited has been granted an exemption to prioritise the recruitment of suitably qualified female candidates over equivalent male candidates, and to advertise specifically for female applicants (BlueScope Steel Limited (Human Rights)  VCAT 651).
- submit your application
- complete an automated online video activity
- attend a Virtual Information Night (where you’ll learn more about these roles, shifts, career progression opportunities)
- attend one of our face-to-face Group Activity & Interview days
- join our Talent Community for positions opening December 2023 through subsequent 6 months
- attend a site tour and complete pre-employment medical and reference checks
- Virtual Information Night will take place on Tuesday, 14 November 2023
- Group Activity & Interview Days will take place on Thursday, 16 – Friday, 17 November 2023
Please plan to be available on these dates.
As BlueScope continues to go from strength to strength, a career with us provides you with the opportunity to grow and be rewarded. At BlueScope, you will:
- create and deliver innovative solutions that drive transformation in our business
- make an impact that really does shape the world we live in
- keep growing through continuous learning and development opportunities
- enjoy the sense of belonging that comes from working with people who genuinely look out for one another
At BlueScope, our people are our strength, and we don’t say that lightly. We want our people to be successful, and to be safe. We offer work-life flexibility through our B-flex program and make sure our inclusive work environment welcomes people of all backgrounds. We’re passionate about driving sustainability outcomes that matter to our communities, including action on climate and our 2050 net zero goal. And we’ll do this through Our Purpose: We create and inspire smart solutions in steel, to strengthen our communities for the future.
Come and discover us at bluescope.com/life-at-bluescope/careers.
Together we can make a world of difference.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.