BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability, and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
As a Production Supervisor you will be responsible to oversee and manage production and employees. Also you will organize, monitor workflow and ensure compliance with safety, quality, and quantity standards.
Production Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
Organizes workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules to accomplish manufacturing results, by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising job result. Also coaches, counsels, develops employees and initiates, coordinates, and implements systems, policies and procedures.
- Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to employees.
- Oversees production operations and deliver production targets in the most effective, efficient, and safest manner.
- Contributes to recruitment, selection, orientation, training and mentoring of employees. Develops training schedules and trains new employees on new machines, technology, safety regulations and procedures. Provides constructive performance feedback through continuous dialogue. Places employees in appropriate positions to increase productivity. Maintains records for employees in the department such as attendance and performance evaluations.
- Ensures that employees comply with applicable safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Coaches, counsels, guides and mentors employees to perform in set standards of safety, efficiency and productivity.
- Identifies issues in efficiency and suggests improvements, implements continuous improvement and optimization activities to reduce scrap, production cost and increase productivity.
- Identifies, acquires, and ensures the availability of materials and supplies to ensure business continuity.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing production standards .
- Identifies production bottlenecks and troubleshoot issues that arise.
- Ensures operation of equipment, evaluates new equipment and techniques and contributes to equipment repairs and improvement with the contribution and collaboration of relevant support departments (QA, QC, General Maintenance, General Facilities, R&D ,etc.).
- Implements Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program, creating shared responsibility for equipment, encourages greater involvement by employees, and fill in knowledge gaps necessary to achieve TPM goals.
- Checks through daily auditing the application of 5S and Kanban and applies the corrective acts to the deviations. Also develops and reviews a process to complete effective corrective actions from audits and internal/external inspections.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting and analyzing production performance records and data. Prepares production, process, quality and safety reports for decision-making.
- Maintains safe, clean and well-organized work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all equipment and resources and maintains compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Researches and negotiates with vendors and suppliers to improve efficiency of processes and reduce unnecessary costs.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions and recommending actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Thorough understanding or the ability to quickly learn production operations and machinery.
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Safety focused.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them as appropriate.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a similar role in manufacturing.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Apply Today! There’s never been a better time to join BIC. We’re a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.