Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Production and Supply Site Leadership Trainee to join our organization. This is a professional level position that offers a unique opportunity to learn and grow within our company. The successful candidate will be responsible for completing a comprehensive training program focused on seed field production and processing that will establish them into a well-rounded future leader in the organization.
This training program may last up to 30 months and will provide on-the-job experiences to understand end to end site operations and supporting functions, along with developing trainees into future leaders. Following completion of this program, successful candidates will be placed into a site leadership or individual contributor role.
- Participate in a structured training program that will include both classroom and hands-on learning activities including field operations, facility maintenance, warehousing, conditioning, treating and packaging, quality control and re-work activities.
- Learn about the company’s products, operations, services, and business processes.
- Work closely with site manager, site leadership team and mentors to learn management skills and techniques.
- Operate equipment and systems in accordance with site specific activities.
- Participate in projects and assignments that will allow for practical application of learned skills.
- Identify opportunities to improve performance in accordance with production area, site and company goals.
- Communicate effectively with customers, team members, and managers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to company’s Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) standards.
- Maintain compliance with site HSE protocols and Syngenta HSE policies and employee code of conduct.
- Comply with internal procedures and support compliance with legal requirements applicable to local area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to relocate, will be allowed to decline 2 relocation offers before ending program.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 70 pounds
- Work in and outdoors, in extreme conditions, heights, and walk on uneven surfaces
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.