SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
This dedicated project manager will be responsible for the administrative management of projects for a specific client from inception to close. Key functions include the development, execution, and development of project plans. This includes logistics management and working across departments to ensure adequate technical oversite and proper resource allocation.
The key objective of the project manager is to ensure timely client communication in all matters relating to the execution of current and future work; documentation and that communication records associated with client-SGS interaction are maintained. Furthermore, the project manager, through coordination with the appropriate departments, will manage all sample logistics from receipt to release.
Follow Training SOP for training and training records.
- Establish project plans in collaboration with client and internal resources
- Track multi-disciplinary project teams for the execution of customer projects. This includes the responsibility and accountability for project initiation, planning, execution/implementation, controlling monitoring and closeout.
- Function as primary interface with the Customer regarding the day to day/weekly progress and status reporting and keep internal resources aligned with client priorities.
- Report and escalate potential deviations to the plan to the Department Managers with suggestions for action.
- Tracking and reporting of projects in accordance to an approved Project Plan (includes tasking, task owners, dependencies, and timelines).
- Coordinate internal and external Project Team Meetings to ensure that all stakeholders and the customer are working in accordance to the agreed to Project Plan. Responsible for coordinating, arranging and preparation of customer meetings on-site for the purpose of project team execution that can include campaign reviews, ad-hoc process related meetings, etc.
- Maintain meeting minutes and action lists resulting from technical and other external and internal project related meetings.
- Work with operations to maintain detailed project plans.
- Work with SGS management and cross-functional Project Team members to ensure all resources are available to meet the agreed upon timelines defined in the Project Scope.
- Work with operational management through use of Lean and 5S principles to, drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Responsible for coordinating, arranging and preparation of customer meetings on-site for the purpose of project team execution that can include campaign reviews, ad-hoc process related meetings, etc.
- Ensure the successful completion of owned projects and resolve any issues that may hinder project success. Utilize site escalation process when necessary to resolve any project team issues. In addition, effectively lead the project team while maintaining good morale.
- Tracking of test sample status, OOS’s, deviations, and CAPA’s.
- Track agreed upon Key Project Related Performance Indicators.
- The Project Manager is responsible to coach the assigned Project Team members in close collaboration with line management to ensure Project Team success. Should initiate sharing best practice with peers and appropriate line managers.
- Coordination of samples, and facilitation of project workflow.
“In the course of employment, you will be required to travel to and/or work at a client site. The company requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel commercially and many clients require visitors performing work at their locations to be vaccinated. Therefore, this role requires a candidate who is fully vaccinated or will be prior to anticipated start date. The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of having received a COVID-19 vaccination.
The company will provide a reasonable accommodation upon request after an offer is extended.”
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher, preferably in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, biology, or related fields
- 3-5 years of experience working as a scientist in a lab environment or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year demonstrated experience in a project management role in the pharmaceutical industry
- Post graduate training in project management strongly preferred but not essential with demonstrated experience in a mature project management environment
- Job requires mobile use of hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Specific technical skills:
- An understanding of the technical aspects of the Biologics Industry
- Strong communication, analytical, presentation, and problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment are essential for this role.
- Knowledge of Lean & 5S is an asset
- Ability to chair meetings professionally and efficiently
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication (written and oral) with strong presentation skills
- Ability to chair meetings professionally and efficiently
- Skilled use of MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Project is required.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other SGS locations or client location may be required from time to time or lead a group of individuals at Client’s site.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
- Appropriate attitude, constant vigilance, attention to detail and following Training SOP for training and training records.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.