Website MCDONALDS CANADA
At McDonald’s, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world.
We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.
The Real Estate Asset Management Department is hiring a Real Estate Transaction Manager – Ontario, located in the Toronto office. The role reports to the Senior Real Estate Transaction Manager.
The successful candidate will partner with Restaurant Development, Asset Management, Legal, Franchising, Construction, Field Service, etc. and be accountable for the following Ontario Development Projects, New, Relocation and Rebuilds of restaurants.
Key customers include: Regional and National Leadership, Legal, Restaurant Development Team, Owner Operators, McOpCo (Corporate Owned) and Regional Staff.
Who You Are:
You are passionate about the real estate business and have the leadership abilities to build positive relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to tackle problems and can think critically to make the right decisions. You have strong interpersonal and planning skills to move the company forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
- Assist with drafting and negotiations of Letters of Intent/Offer to Lease with Area Real Estate Managers;
- Negotiate and draft all terms and conditions of lease agreements (based upon L.O.I or Offer to Lease), which includes working with Area Real Estate Managers, Landlord’s, in-house Legal and at times outside counsel.
- Assist with the drafting and negotiations of Agreements of Purchase and Sale, work with in-house Legal and outside counsel; track, oversee, and waive deal conditions.
- Assist with drafting all other real estate agreements, including lease amending agreements.
- Various project information, requests and approvals with the Construction Department and consultants.
- Oversee miscellaneous aspects of Restaurant Development, project and department specific tasks – conditions, Title Opinion, NDA documents, lease registrations, lease commencement acknowledgement letters, general real estate reporting and tracking, broker, landlord and developer relationships, certain financial reviews and documentation preparation.
- Aligns goals and objectives with the Department, National and Corporate strategies and processes.
- Partners with Legal and Area Real Estate Manager to prioritize all lease documentation to ensure timing of various projects align with the national development plan.
- Attend and participate in Regional/National Development meetings and all regular Team meetings.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of related real estate training and work experience in drafting and solid negotiation of legal documents in commercial real estate;
- Strong negotiator with outstanding knowledge of commercial leases and lease terms;
- QSR retail leasing experience or legal experience in commercial leasing considered an asset;
- Bilingual in French and English is preferred;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Well-organized, with excellent multi-tasking and prioritizing skills to manage multiple sites at any given time, with tight deadlines – while still maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent computer skills and technologically savvy;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adjust quickly to change;
- Critical thinker and ability to escalate when assistance is needed in a timely manner;
- Ability to work independently and lead all areas of responsibility, with minimal supervision and to impeccable professional standards.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.