Accor Wellington represents a portfolio of leading hotels including Sofitel, Mövenpick, Novotel and Ibis Hotels. Joining Accor provides a number of opportunities across all of our Wellington properties!
First impressions are everything! As a Receptionist, you will take care of the guests from the moment they arrive through to their departure by ensuring they have a memorable experience with us.
Reporting to the Front Office Manager/Assistant Manager, you will be assisting guests upon arrival, ensuring the smooth check in and check out, and assisting them with any queries throughout their stay.
What you will be doing:
- Greet, check-in, respond to requests and settle accounts while providing exceptional service
- Take initiative to add a personalized experience
- Proudly promote the hotel facilities, looking for opportunities to enhance a guest’s stay through up-selling
- Ensure professionalism and accuracy with information and billing during arrival and departure.
- Achieve an accurate and logical work sequence.
- Follow procedures for cash and security on front desk.
- Ensure reservations have correct tariffs and up-sells.
- Ensure messages are accurate and passed on promptly.
- Provide business centre services as required, with correct charges posted for guests.
- Positively respond to all queries (both internal and external), redirect to departments as required.
- Maintain a positive selling approach to maximise yield in both occupancy and rates.
- Any other reasonable request as required by your Supervisor or Hotel Management.
Your experience and skills include:
- Service focused personality is essential; experience is an asset
- Fluency in English; additional languages are a plus
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to work on a rotating roster
- Can work under pressure in a busy environment
- A thorough working knowledge of the front office operations
- Strong cash handling skills
- An excellent telephone manner
- A great personality
- Enjoy being innovative and creative with a passion for delivering customer service
- Ability to demonstrate great organisational skills
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand
- Ability to exceed customer expectations
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of Opera is preferred
- Staff meals while on duty
- Uniform provided & laundered
- Accommodation discounts & Free Anniversary Stay
- Discounted benefits throughout Accor
- Staff celebration & tenure recognition
- Heartist referral program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fantastic career growth opportunities
- On-going training, learning and development
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.