Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Welcome to Bosch.
Mobility is changing all over the world. Passenger cars and light commercial vehicles will continue to play a central role in mobility of the future. Bosch is driving progress in this segment with innovative ideas and advanced technology for greater safety, efficiency, sustainability, and driving pleasure.
Please upload your CV to apply for this position. We welcome applications from a range of candidates.
Closing date: Sunday 21st August 2022. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
As a resident calibration engineer, you will be based on site with our customer, working on state of the art technology for our customer’s luxury series vehicles including BEV, PHEV, MHEV and ICE powertrains. Every day will be different, as you support you customer to find solutions in a dynamic and agile environment and there’s also the opportunity to put the vehicles through their paces for hot and cold climate testing. If you love cars, you’ll love working for Bosch!
• Coordinate and undertake full application of electronically controlled diesel/gasoline/PHEV/BEV systems
• Coordinate and lead calibration of Bosch responsible functions
• Support calibration of customer responsible functions
• Identify and document changes for new software levels
• Data set/calibration building
• Support key meetings between customer and Bosch
• Update internal and customer data bases of calibration developments
• Support trouble shooting of customer engines/vehicles
• Support offsite as required, including at other customer sites, Bosch sites etc.
• Support customer environment test trips (cold, hot, altitude etc)
• Application / validation of fuel system, air system, torque system, monitoring, exhaust after-treatment systems, diagnostics.
A well as strong technical and professional competency you will have the excellent entrepreneurial, leadership and interpersonal skills required including:
- Results orientated; with a desire to exceed targets (entrepreneurial mindset and customer orientated).
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Builds high quality and lasting relationships with all stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills
- Use analytical skills in order to solve complex tasks and takes sound decisions (problem solving ability).
- Use and maintain learning strategies for personal and professional growth.
If you are viewing this role on an external job board please visit our main job listing for full details, including the technical qualifications required: https://smrtr.io/b4HLQ
- Degree in a relevant engineering subject eg Automotive, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or significant relevant experience.
- Able to work in a practical environment with test benches (HIL/PIL) and vehicles.
- Understanding of mechanical principles of powertrain drive systems and vehicle systems.
- Understanding of implications of vehicle performance, refinement and emissions.
- Understanding of electronic control systems, software functionality and calibration principles.
- Understanding of fuel injections systems, after-treatment systems & electrical systems.
- Understanding of principles of testing and validation methodology
- Able to quickly build awareness of program plans, key milestones and deliverables from both Bosch & customer.
- Knowledge of engine management systems, electronic diesel / gasoline control calibration, and vehicle systems.
- Extensive knowledge of ECU software and associated functionalities.
- Calibration/test experience of engines and vehicles.
- Skilled in PC based application tools such as ETAS INCA, CRETA, Vector vCDM etc.
- Good collaboration, cooperation and interpersonal skills including with colleagues located remotely and internationally.
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- MS office skills
- Valid driving licence
- Able to travel locally and internationally as the required in the role, to fulfil customer requirements and develop your capability.
- Presentation skills
- Knowledge of the German language is advantageous
- Knowledge of Bosch Control Unit systems is advantageous
On offer is a competitive salary and pension contributions, with a great package of benefits including annual bonus, a health cash plan, life assurance and other discounted benefits. We will also provide many opportunities for personal and professional development.
This role has been evaluated as up to job band 9 in our internal job bandings. An indicative salary range for this role is approximately £36-46,000 per annum, dependent on skills and experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.