EATALY NORTH AMERICA
Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
The Restaurant Manager assists the Restaurant Assistant General Manager (AGM) in the day-to-day operations of Eataly’s full-service restaurants. Reports to the Restaurant AGM and oversees front-of-house restaurant staff including servers, bartenders, food runners, hosts, bussers and barbacks.
- Supports the Restaurant AGM with hiring, assigning, training, evaluating and terminating employees
- Documents, investigates, escalates and resolves all employee and guests incidents
- Ensures exceptional service standards are consistently met and that activities are carried out effectively
- Inspects dining room and storage areas to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Estimates front-of-house food and beverage needs, and supervises intake orders to ensure specifications
- Reviews financial information such as sales, inventory and costs to monitor budget
- Meets with dining room and bar personnel to plan restaurant activities, special events, share information, etc.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 2+ years of experiencing leading or managing a front-of-house restaurant team
- Understanding of steps of service
- Outstanding communication, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree in Restaurant Management or Hospitality preferred
- Knowledge of Italian cuisine and beverage highly preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule often including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Food Handler’s License preferred
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.