Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of the company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Retail Security Officer to join the team at a prestigious new location in Reading. The shift pattern will be discussed at the interview, but will be with a pay rate of £11ph based on 4 on 4 off days, but may include some nights when required
- To patrol the store and other areas and to undertake checks in accordance with the site assignment instructions
- To record any suspicious activity on to an incident report ensuring the correct information is captured and store management are informed
- Dealing with any difficult situations that arise in a safe and professional manner
- Monitoring the store CCTV where appropriate
- To be clean, tidy and properly dressed wearing full uniform. This should also include an SIA licence (s), identity badge, which all must be valid.
- Liaise with the store management teams giving clear and concise feedback
- Liaise with the Police and crime partnerships where required to foster a great working relationship to support the reduction of crime in store
- Completing reports by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance
- Utilise all equipment and technology to their fullest potential to maximise the impact upon security and stores losses
- To report all incidents fully by the end of the shift
Ensuring behaviours and situations that endanger the health and safety and well being of colleagues, customers and fellow officers are identified and rectified in a timely manner in line with company policies
- The security officer will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Able to work on their own initiative.
- Retail Security experience.
- Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs with an ability to work with different teams as required
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
- Capability in the use of technolgy
- An ambassador for great customer service
- It is important the Security Officer is calm under pressure.
- Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
- Frontline Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential, CCTV Licence would be beneficial
Working hours, 40 hours per week including some weekends 4 on 4 off shift pattern days
Salary, £11 per hour
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie’s information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed upon with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.