INDIGO BOOKS & MUSIC
Location: Indigo St. Vital
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 150 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada.
We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
You’ll help to cultivate an environment that promotes authentic employee and customer experiences and are guided by our culture and mission of adding joy. You role model the Indigo Beliefs by being authentic, seeking inspiration and knowing your audience, and you influence your customers through the stories you tell; connecting them to our brand.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create a warm and welcoming environment in our stores
- Add joy to our customers’ lives
- Leverage our product to tell stories
- Engage and connect with our customers on the floor
- Curate specific product collections for each customer you meet
- Ensure Visual Standards are followed and maintained
- Role model Indigo’s High Performance Characteristics
- Seek information regarding new products, promotions and programs
- Contribute to an environment where everyone knows their health and safety is a top priority and where everyone actively participates in ensuring the health and safety of each other and our customers
- Take accountability to respond to customer feedback in a timely manner
- Hold self and others accountable
- Own self-development and provide continuous feedback to colleagues and Leadership Team
- Share ideas with Leadership Team on how to improve the employee and customer experience
- Experience in specialty retail or a retail environment preferred but not required
- Adaptability, flexibility and a willingness to learn new things and be exposed to all aspects of the store
- Demonstrated commitment to creating an exceptional employee and customer experience
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift medium to large items, up to 40 pounds, while using appropriate equipment and safety techniques
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays, overnights and early mornings (if required for the role)
- Bilingualism (French/English) is required for all positions in Québec; other languages an asset
At Indigo, we are committed to our communities, our customers, and each other; together we can make a positive impact. We know that fostering diversity and inclusion brings out your full potential and creates a joyful and welcoming environment for everyone. We are driven to be an equitable employer, which highly values your diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that you, in all your uniqueness, belong at Indigo. We welcome all applicants and encourage applications from individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, a person of colour, LGBTQ2+ and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request to individuals who self-identify as having a disability or special need. Please contact Human Resources at Support-HR@indigo.ca if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.